• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, another negative JB thread on flightinfo---imagine that.

Just to comment on this article:

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

By Julie Johnsson
Tribune staff reporter

November 6, 2006

"Still, JetBlue is retrenching after breaking even in the third quarter on revenue of $628 million. With cash reserves of $456 million, it has less leeway to sustain money-losing service than do United and American, with $4.1 billion and $5.1 billion in unrestricted cash, respectively."

That's an extemely unfair comparison of cash reserves when you consider the size of JetBlue as compared to American and United and the operating costs associated with sustaining each.

Wow, another negative JB thread on flightinfo---imagine that.

I didn't post this to start a JB bash fest. If you look at my posting history you will see that is something I do not do.

Regards,

AA

Wow Dude, I wasn't talking about jetBlue. I found it comical that Megan McCarthy, a spokeswoman for United would comment.........

"We look forward to competing vigorously with JetBlue and all the carriers at O'Hare"

And then American Airlines rolled out a special $59 fare. I can understand competition, but at what point does it hurt their bottom line too much. The employees at those companies have given back, and is irresponsible management decisions the answer? If they head down a spiral again, do they expect the employees to bail them out?

Ya, you are so right.. From SWA.:rolleyes:

Fly between Dallas Love Field and select cities from $39 to $79 one-way with 14-day advance purchase! Book by December 1, 2006 for travel December 1, 2006 through March 9, 2007.

Wow..

That's the pot calling the kettle black...

Mr. Smarty Pants CanyonBlue..

This from a guy who flies his "little" 737 for a company that for 25-30 of its 35 year history was looked upon as "lowering the bar" by the now legacies.

Last time anyone checked, no one at JetBlue is here by force, no one has taken a pay cut and no one has had to go BUY their type or resign from their furloughed airline.

Mr. Smarty Pants CanyonBlue..
You sound scared and bitter.

Why don't you enjoy your top of the hill status, save your money, concentrate on not getting divorced (if you found a woman to put up with you) and recognize that those on top inevitably may fall.

And don't forget to take credit for your superior Management. I'm sure SWA's success was all because of YOU!

Enjoy your ride.

all those "little" 737's should go away.............I hope I get to drive me a big jet someday!:smash: then I'll be a real pile-it.

The difference is that jb doesn't plan to make money on any route and the other carriers do. So if we don't make any money, no big whoop. It only hurts to cut fares when you actually had a shot at a profit.

What??????? Your future is in airline management.

According to our RTP website we at jb price our fares according to what the market costs and not what the market will bear. That is why we often just break even on some routes. If we wanted to make more money we could, but it doesn't jibe with our blue culture. Yeah, it makes no sense to me either.

UAL and AA slashing fares was to be expected, I certainly doubt this comes as any surprise to jetblue.

Who knows how it will turn out, I guess time will tell!
7 flts per day won't even put a dent in Jetblue's revenue or expenses....it's a non-issue. It's strictly a way to broaden the network to accomodate loyal customers.

CAL found out at Newark how expensive it can be to flood the market with cheap fares to offset Jetblue's arrival. When you are the 800lb gorilla in a market the effect of matching fares creates an exponential downdraft to the bottomline.

Jetblue reported a 25% increase year over year in it's PRASM for Oct. That coupled with a flat LF for the month bodes well for the bottom line this Q. Sounds like Neeleman is on the right track.

:pimp:​

7 flts per day won't even put a dent in Jetblue's revenue or expenses....it's a non-issue. It's strictly a way to broaden the network to accomodate loyal customers.

CAL found out at Newark how expensive it can be to flood the market with cheap fares to offset Jetblue's arrival. When you are the 800lb gorilla in a market the effect of matching fares creates an exponential downdraft to the bottomline.
CAL only matched fares with JB flights to Fla. as far as I know. I don't believe that would put a dent in CAL's rev or expenses any more than it would JB out of ORD. They have a history of protecting the EWR hub, so I don't think their defensive position against JB is something that they just "found out." JMHO.

Latest resources

Back