• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First: First person anecdotes have very limited value in framing an accurate portrait of reality. Second and third person accounts are completely worthless and often agenda driven sensationalism.

Second: As a Southwest guy, I strongly urge everyone to kill this "RSW" thing. I don't like the way it reflects on my new co-workers, but I especially don't like the way it reflects on me.

this is the rationale of one who upholds not just an airline or the industry but a profession...well said Candidate.

and i have no dog in that fight at all..beyond a common profession

Also most of the AirTran guys that went first wanted to go. Wait till the rest come over the partition it will be like US airways part II.

There's no "I" in TEAM, but there is a PAR and a TIT and an ION in PARTITION. These days I see more PAR's and less TIT's even when my atom is charged.

There's no "I" in TEAM, but there is a PAR and a TIT and an ION in PARTITION. These days I see more PAR's and less TIT's even when my atom is charged.

True, that there's no 'I' in team, but there IS an "Eat me," if you're willing to use the 'E' twice. Does that help?

Bubba

Sad to hear there may be descension in the ranks amongst the WN/FL stews. Retired from WN inflight after 13 years when they offered the buyouts back in 2009.

Giving up my seniority number was the biggest mistake I've ever made and I regret it every day. I'd be the first to defend the work that flight attendants do and they are indeed safety/customer service professionals but I never knew how good I had it as a semi-senior WN stew until I went back to working a "real" job in the 9 to 5 world. Frankly, it sucks. I'm currently working as a computer technician making about 30k/yr. If I were still flying, I'd be making nearly twice as much working half as many days per week doing the exact same job I hired on at making $14 flt/hr back in the mid 90s.

Sure, there were some long days and reroutes and crappy passengers. But, there were also cushy overnights in swank hotels, some of the best inflight work rules in the industry and of course the 1-2-3...

The guys and girls in the cabin at WN/FL need to get over themselves and realize how lucky they are and how good they've got it.

Last edited:
Hazed? My first year 8 years ago was great. Sure, I got my share of "wow, new bags... you must be new! you look like a kid, wow! etc." but it was all in fun. I was treated great. Pilots and FAs bought me drinks that year, no one ever looked down at me. Whoever thinks that is crazy, you get barely teased for being "new" and really only get picked out of the crowd to be WELCOMED by others. If they think it is hazing they have lost their mind or are unable to get over the fact that someone is no longer saluting them.

I have flown with many, many former AirTran attendants in the last few months and all are super excited to be here, very happy with the raise and their seniority (because I assume these are the senior ones) etc. All the fellow pilots and I have been very welcoming and buy the drinks and welcome them. The other original SWA flight attendants have varied from welcoming to indifferent but I haven't seen any hostility that is for sure.

I think the pilot/FA transitions are going well so far, my only remaining fear is that will change as this first group are most likely those who bid for and really wanted to be the first over the line and therefore excited at the prospect. It is the last few who perhaps want to never come here that concern me. I have an open mind.

Last edited:
Just remember that the ones waiting until the end may be doing so, not because they don't want to be at Southwest, but because as CA's they want to stay in the seat as long as possible and F/O's want to stay off reserve so they let all the guys and gals junior to them transition over and plug the bottom...

Lots of reasons to come over late. Money isn't everything. ;)

Latest resources

Back