Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

RSW FAs harass FAT FA

Hearing in Bwi and Mdw the FAs just getting there are being treated poorly. Especially senior FAT flying with junior RSW. It got so bad some are crying. I know u need thick skin with pax, but I guess now with those u have to work with too. Heard one rsw said to a fat that you have my dead friends employee number. Need some luv patrol at these bases I think from dal because I doubt the local supervisors will put a stop to it.

Why cant we edit titles. Dam phone.

Last edited:
First: First person anecdotes have very limited value in framing an accurate portrait of reality. Second and third person accounts are completely worthless and often agenda driven sensationalism.

Second: As a Southwest guy, I strongly urge everyone to kill this "RSW" thing. I don't like the way it reflects on my new co-workers, but I especially don't like the way it reflects on me.

I'm not in any way defending harassment, but I will tell you that there is definitely a certain amount of hazing especially during your first year at SWA. As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees. Just know that everyone at SWA has experienced the same thing and that it will get better, but the first year is definitely rough as a new hire, and YES that is how AirTran Employees crossing the partition are being looked on as at this point.

As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees.

This made me laugh. After eleven years of using a 26" bag that doesn't fit under the jumpseat, I finally ordered a smaller bag. Last month, I was standing in line at Potbellies (MDW) and three flight attendants started in on me, "Wow! Look at those shiny new bags. He must be new. ARE YOU NEW?".

I looked at them, laughed, and said, "Nope. Wore the wheels off the last one. Looks like you're still on your first bags . . . I guess you're the new ones".

We got a long fine after that. ;)

Yeah, that's probably the best way to approach it.

Give them a little friendly ribbing back. If they don't like it and are really being rude, kill 'em with kindness then do your own thing on the overnight, you can't fix personality problems, and they can't help being an a$$ hole. Plenty of nice people over there to hang out with...

The only person you can control is yourself.

Just my .02 cents. ;)

Last edited:
Or you could have said "I don't talk to the help."

I'm not in any way defending harassment, but I will tell you that there is definitely a certain amount of hazing especially during your first year at SWA. As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees. Just know that everyone at SWA has experienced the same thing and that it will get better, but the first year is definitely rough as a new hire, and YES that is how AirTran Employees crossing the partition are being looked on as at this point.

Oh.....my......god....

Do you even have any skin? You call that hazing? Harassment?

You were being playfully, lovingly teased. And you were new....Kernal.

My first year was a blast.

Embarrassing.

Oh sweet baby jesus tell me this is true. I think it would be chicken soup for the Airtran soul to see Jenny from Dallas tell Latisha from college park that she is not worthy.

Latest resources

Back