• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the pilot/FA transitions are going well so far, my only remaining fear is that will change as this first group are most likely those who bid for and really wanted to be the first over the line and therefore excited at the prospect. It is the last few who perhaps want to never come here that concern me. I have an open mind.

That would be logical, if the transitions were going by seniority and choice, but they're not, due to the MKE base closing, and the decision to sell the 717 leases.

For example, the October class has 10 year pilots from MKE who may or may not have bid SWA FO, instead of 15th yr pilots from ATL who definitely bid SWA FO.

The last pilots transitioning won't be the guys who bid ATL 717, it will be the guys who are presently flying the 717, even if their bid was SWA FO and they are a 16th yr employee. That is causing a lot of the current angst, especially among senior FO's who are stuck on the 717 while watching guys junior to them go to SWA and get a pay increase.

Regards,
Ty

Yup. That's correct and it's very frustrating.
46% of ATL 737 pilots on reserve next month, 50 hour lines. Many junior pilots from MKE getting to cross the partition and no more training classes for the rest of the year and no plan for next year.

No more training classes this year? I thought there was at least three more. Were they cancelled?
There is one that started this month, another starting in September (bid already closed) and another starting in October (bid already closed).

These bids finish shutting down the MKE crew base except for the pilots who were awarded 717 in their flush bid and cannot be allowed to go to 737 ahead of pilots who were awarded 737 in their flush bid - violates the SIA. I think 7 crews left in MKE... Yeah, just 14 guys/gals.

The rest were a few spots in ATL. There were rumors of more classes but nothing yet, they would have to train around Thanksgiving/Christmas and I'm not sure the GO wants to do that, but you never know...

The next class is scheduled for Jan (an extra class but we don't know where from), another in Feb, then shutting down 30% of the MCO 737 base in March, some ATL people in April, then only 717 pilots for May-Aug until after the summer, then finish closing the MCO 737 base down in September.

That's the last official transition flow from DAL, I'm sure it'll change a few more times between now and then.

Well, flew with another ex AT guy this last trip.... Great guy, great trip and he's happy as a pig in mud here. Made more $$$ than in the last 2 months than he ever made as a Capt over there.

Those are for October. Therefore no classes to bid for this year and according to the original plan no classes until March 2013.
Less than 200 pilots trained this year only 1500 to go. Plan is going well don't ya think?

Last edited:
When I was a new hire a few years back, we had the "E" sim session. Got done at 0330[or there about]. They trained 600+ new hires that year and the year after plus all the captains that upgraded. They can run a whole mess of people through in a short time if they have to. We had 2 or 3 fewer sims then too.

Latest resources

Back