RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man that's painful.

Unfortunately I think there might be more to follow.

Yeah, I didn't trade my seniority for free drinks or f/a's showing me their tatas either. I'd have passed on the 123 beverages myself. Don't insult me by buying a cheap round to show your luv. The real Golden Rule is about so much more.

Yeah, I didn't trade my seniority for free drinks or f/a's showing me their tatas either. I'd have passed on the 123 beverages myself. Don't insult me by buying a cheap round to show your luv. The real Golden Rule is about so much more.

That's cool. Send my drink back over......I'll have a double!

Cheers!

I'd just like to see the staffing issue fixed... that's at the crux of a LOT of angst right now. Take the 717's and give everyone a 10% or greater pay cut for 2-3 years isn't making a lot of people very happy.

Not that anyone should EVER take it out on someone else, but there's a REASON people are torqued. 52 hour BLOCK lines for September. They'd have to fly 24 hours for FREE to make one DIME over guarantee.

Here's a sample trip... I can't make this stuff up:

A7051 : 21SEP ONLY ON FRI BSE REPT: 0810L Operates: Sep 7-Sep 21
Base/Equip: ATL/737 CA01FO01 EXCEPT ON Sep 14
FR 21 1830 ATL-LAX 0855 1045 0450 0450

LAX 4751

SU 23 1831 LAX-ATL 1136 1855 0419

D-END: 1910L T.A.F.B.: 5900 TRIP RIG: 0742
Total: 0909 0000 1651 1109

Yes, that's a 48 hour layover in LAX. Awesome.

Lear, I don't understand why you try and explain what's going on over here anymore. It's easier for everyone to burry their heads in the sand and complain about how AT CAPT's are increasing upgrade time, because they're being forced to transition as freakin' FO's.

Then again, you'd think one union, one voice, and one contract would be beneficial to both parties, but it's likely more fun for SWAPA to watch us wither on the vine until we cross the ridiculous, magical partition. Only two and a half more years left of making guarantee on 15 days off a month. Be sure to waive at the AT crews sitting every day for three plus hours in various food courts across the system.

You're insulted when someone does something nice for you?

They'd have to fly 24 hours for FREE to make one DIME over guarantee....

I would think they would have to fly the 24 hours they are getting paid for before making on e DIME over guarantee.

Wait. Do I have this right? 76 hours of pay for 52 hours of block?? And your bitchin'??

Wait. Do I have this right? 76 hours of pay for 52 hours of block?? And your bitchin'??

Those 52 hours of block time are still being spread over a 15 day period. The lines are being built with huge "sit" times in them, so even though you're only flying a few hours, you're still putting in l-o-n-g duty days, just sitting around, which is arguably more tiring than flying.

I had a trip last month that had a 4:20 a.m. report time in MDW. Launched at 5:O5 a.m. to ATL, then sit around for nearly 4 hours before flying a scheduled Nassau turn. Eleven hours' duty time after a 3:15 a.m. wake up call, to make a little over 5 hours' pay.

AirTran pilots are the same as you, pal. We like to do our work, and be done, not sit around for 3 and 4 hours on public display with our eyeballs bleeding, like some sort of museum diorama of tired pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back