• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rivals invade Southwest's Airspace

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't be to worried about United. With their crackpot gumshoe management team they will just farm out any future domestic to 50-70 seaters and shrink mainline like they have always done. Always a follow the crowd type. They are unable to have an original thought.

They can't even cover the Dec schedule as is so we have Capt's picking up open time in the right seat. Mgt relies on this and the greedy, me me me guys love to help out. I was told "I have no pride It's all about the money son"

F this place.

Happy holidays!

And we wonder why the country is bankrupt. Thanks Chuckie for helping make the USA what it is. You know sometimes it just does not make $$ smart to fly an airplane to a piss ant town. 1 Hour drive to SYC and all the flights you need. Hell how long does it take to get from midtown DEN to the gate? Me thinks a hell of a lot longer than to drive to SYC and get to the gate.

I'm sorry- bur after reading the link- I don't see the problem

Just an anti-dem rant by you?

Should schumer not represent his constituency? Seems like you guys don't like the republic-

“Continental Airlines' decision to continue to fly from the Ithaca airport (ITH) is of enormous importance to our local business community,” said Jean McPheeters, President of Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce.***** “The combination of US Airways, Northwest and Continental brings connectivity to more than 200 cities across the world with one-stop service while keeping fares competitive. The business community here presented a strong business case to Continental for remaining in the community”

And kellner made a grown up business decision-

What if you owned a business in Ithica?
Btw- if DEN is your example of convenience, it's not a very good one- bc you're right- that place is a hike and I'm sure plenty of local O&D businesses would rather have the Stapleton location back-
DEN is only there to better serve as a HUB- one that continental pulled out of btw, due to costs-

Having convenient local service is a stimulus to the economy- the quicker pilots understand this the better-
We not only have cost pressures from a competitive industry- the macro puppet masters also know that cheap tickets get money flowing in a thousand different ways beneficial to the economy as a whole-

And we wonder why the country is bankrupt. Thanks Chuckie for helping make the USA what it is. You know sometimes it just does not make $$ smart to fly an airplane to a piss ant town. 1 Hour drive to SYC and all the flights you need. Hell how long does it take to get from midtown DEN to the gate? Me thinks a hell of a lot longer than to drive to SYC and get to the gate.
There is no way it's only a one hour drive from Ithaca to SYC. I'm willing to bet on it...

Last edited:
Cut the dude some slack....I'm sure he meant SYR.

Speaking of slots, when was the last time anyone saw an RJ flying out of Heathrow?

Latest resources

Back