• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rivals invade Southwest's Airspace

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but again, I often can get a better deal on Delta than I can on SWA. Now I'm going to go put on my helmet for the incoming as a result of my saying Dereg has created more careers than destroyed!

It's funny, but I got labeled a SWA hater awhile ago when I countered some of the SWA "we are the champions of the world and we are going to kick your ass" mentality that was so prevalent on here during the AirTran merger.
Some SWA folks on here were jumping up and down saying they were going to kick Delta's ass and conquer the world. I simply said that SWA doesn't have the cost advantage over the legacies it had and a lot of people prefer the full service airline if the price is competitive.

I also think it's a little unsavory when pilots think they are the competitive advantage. We are not, our element is how well we fly our airplanes. Not how fast we can taxi or how much we can talk stink about other pilots. It's managements job to compete and make sound decisions, it's our job to safely share the airspace together.

Last edited:
I think it's comical, and semi ironic that so many DAL guys take shots at SWA guys for being up on the perch............and saying that the "top dog" has to fall. All the while posting articles and reciting "experts" purporting that DAL may soon be on top of that said perch. Be careful what you wish for.................

CD

Dan you are so out of touch with the common person. Do you think it is OK for airlines to charge 1000 dollars for a one way ticket, to a destination that is a forth of the mileage of one of there 200 dollars tickets?.

They charge 1000 dollars because they can, ( no competition )

It is you mother ,grandmother, your sister that they are screwing out of getting to go on vacation or seeing loved ones.

Dan you think that only the rich should be able to fly. Get off your high horse old man.

Thanks Stalin! I bet a lot of trannies wish you and GK had this benevolent attitude during the SLI process. You sure are nice, to everyone but your new brothers and sisters.

I also just pasted 2 articles and outlined a bit of interesting tidbits that the authors wrote. Just because your airline makes about 1/4 the amount of revenue DL does and 1/6 the amount UAL does now, doesn't mean you need to get too upset. I'm sure GK isn't looking at things like that. And having some debt, not too much, but some is good to keep hostile takeovers away. It needs to be manageable, and DL is doing a great job of reducing it to those levels. Your $19 billion 737 order won't be paid for in cash now, will it? Was the AT purchase in cash? You know it wasn't.

You Corndogs are so defensive and scared. Boo! Look, you just pooped yourself. Now you look like your planes.

Godspeed!

OYSter. (I like that!)

Thanks Stalin! I bet a lot of trannies wish you and GK had this benevolent attitude during the SLI process. You sure are nice, to everyone but your new brothers and sisters.

I also just pasted 2 articles and outlined a bit of interesting tidbits that the authors wrote. Just because your airline makes about 1/4 the amount of revenue DL does and 1/6 the amount UAL does now, doesn't mean you need to get too upset. I'm sure GK isn't looking at things like that. And having some debt, not too much, but some is good to keep hostile takeovers away. It needs to be manageable, and DL is doing a great job of reducing it to those levels. Your $19 billion 737 order won't be paid for in cash now, will it? Was the AT purchase in cash? You know it wasn't.

You Corndogs are so defensive and scared. Boo! Look, you just pooped yourself. Now you look like your planes.

Godspeed!

OYSter. (I like that!)

You're one crazy chick. I guess it's that time of month.

I am glad DAL and UAL are making money hand over fist. ( not the fist you like).

Now they need to get there pay back to where is was before your management raped you of it.

Take 3 midol and get back to me. :)

On the expense front, Mr. Bastian said Delta's goal in 2012 is to return its unit costs—the cost to fly a seat a mile, excluding fuel—to 2010 levels excluding fuel and other factors. Delta is focusing over the next two years on wringing efficiencies from its maintenance operation, boosting employee productivity and adjusting its fleet by eliminating more 50-seat regional jets, he said.

Here's how Delta really reduces costs....

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=18&item=162

Welcome to Delta's newest RJ hub. Keep polishing that turd.

I think it's comical, and semi ironic that so many DAL guys take shots at SWA guys for being up on the perch............and saying that the "top dog" has to fall. All the while posting articles and reciting "experts" purporting that DAL may soon be on top of that said perch. Be careful what you wish for.................

CD

You need to refocus on their attitudes, not the DAL guys. I don't know if I've ever seen a cockier bunch, and they only fly 737s around to places like Cleveland and Omaha. They do have high pay, which we all want to stick around, but a lot of us know that can change quickly. Atleast they rule ELP.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I'm sorry... Say that again?
There are slots that can ONLY be used for "RJ's"?

You're saying that the government tells delta that a particular slot can be used for a E-175, but not for an MD80?

Educate me please, prove that one

Just add LGA to the list of new "RJ only" bases of CVG and MEM. Like using the ER-175 for shuttle flights.

Latest resources

Back