Right seat captain stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fowingman

ok all lets, let them fly. lets hear all the wierd right seat captain stories. both funny and not so funny!!!

OK I'm bored today so I'll post first

been a captain at my former regional on the RJ (200 and 700) for about 8 months, was also an fo in the plane so I Had about 3000 hours in the plane. Flew with a mid-level seniority fo who really thought she was awesome. since she had been there for over a year decided to give her the first leg, on the decent she proceeded to lecture me on how to land the 700 (the kick-out method one main than the other) I said ok whatever that's pretty much how I do it any way. As she talks her way through the landing (like i was a student and she was a CFI) she proceeded to slam it on so hard i thought the mains were gonna come up through the wings. Now I'll be the first to admit i had my share of "firm":D landings in that thing, But just had to laugh as she made such a big deal on how to land the thing.

How about the female FO at ASA that showed up for her first "line" flight wearing four stripes.

The captain let her know that it wasn't quite correct, and she said "Oh yeah it is....I have a type rating in the RJ so I get to wear captains stripes".

no way, your kidding (the whole 4 stripe because she had a type in the RJ) wow~!!!!!!

Last edited:
How about the female FO at ASA that showed up for her first "line" flight wearing four stripes.

The captain let her know that it wasn't quite correct, and she said "Oh yeah it is....I have a type rating in the RJ so I get to wear captains stripes".

Thats funny right there! Flying with some dillrod Capt who was a wanna be check airman. Final app he say's "center the heading bug. Just hit the center button and it will center it." I said nothing you just can't with these types. But I was thinking "no ********************! in my two years of flying this thing I never knew that! Wow what a genious.

How bout a backseat captain? Had a pair of FA's tell the captain and I we didn't need to deice. (immediately after the whore made a PA on a full airplane to the effect of "oooh lookie, it's snowing") Ironically, we hadn't decided yea or nea yet. But after our little uprising we deiced just to make the point.

Mid-bath we get a call "it's hot back here" and let 'em have it. Didn't hear from them for the next three days.

If there is a problem with the person in the right seat, the real problem is the person in the left seat.

wow that's deep... and also pretty stupid.... i've been in both seats.

i would agree when i'm in a bad or sour mood it definitly sets a bad setting in the flight deck. buttttt

you get these self entitled right seat guys, that think they are maverick.... and they need a little cleaning out . a little colonosocopy

Back in my rj days..... We have an alternate on the release and the F/O asks me if I saw the weather. I said yes and that we had an alternate...LEX. He said "yeah but the forecast says +TS for SDF." He told me that I had to call dispatch and if not he would do so for me. I told him "you are in an airline buddy, not in a 172. Here if the weather is bad, we divert."
We hit it off on the wrong start and he thought I was the type that would keep my mouth shut. OH was he in for a surprise! He accused me of being unsafe because I did not keep my hand on the yoke and thrust lever below 10,000ft. This kid, mind you, had been in all of the company's bases exept one of them.
Once I saw a buddy of mine at PIT and he was telling me about this F/O everyone hated to fly with....it was the same kid.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back