• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Right seat captain stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No prob! You're exactly right though...systems of a sophisticated jet get in the way sometimes. I had the same problem when I started. It becomes very easy to forget it is still, at the end of the day, just an airplane. Good things to remember if your autopilot ever craps out in cruise flight, with the FAA on board, 50 people behind you, and 800' OVC and raining at destination! I was the FO then, and the Captain I was flying with wouldn't touch the controls. Scared me...I don't want to put someone else in that position, or leave them where they could eventually find themselves in that position. (Needless to say...Fed was quite happy!--Captain was pissed!)

Captain "wouldn't touch the controls"? He'd rather you fly? What the hell? Is there more to this story?

Either something's missing here or this guy should not even be in the air. I can't think of a single person, including crappy pilots, who would've done what you describe. So, anything you forgot to tell us?

Captain "wouldn't touch the controls"? He'd rather you fly? What the hell? Is there more to this story?

Either something's missing here or this guy should not even be in the air. I can't think of a single person, including crappy pilots, who would've done what you describe. So, anything you forgot to tell us?

Nothing missing, he just shouldn't be in the air...This is some missing actually, he did go back for more training after that flight, against his will.

Nothing missing, he just shouldn't be in the air...This is some missing actually, he did go back for more training after that flight, against his will.

Well, I guess that's what was missing...hopefully he got the message.

Latest resources

Back