Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Buffet style restaurants

Votes: 15 4.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Re: Road Food

skyking1976 said:
:eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????:eek:
GOTCHA!!!

Man that took longer than I thought to get a rise out of someone... Maybe next time I will bold and underline it!

Now, I have to get back to my smoker... Got 3 slabs of Baby Backs slow cookin' as we speak!

Re: Re: Road Food

Falcon Capt said:
I've seen the Sea Shack but have never tried it... Is it that good???

Yes, it's very good although the atmosphere is such that you would expect to see the Gambino family over in the corner eating spaghetti. We were there last week as a matter of fact. I had a very good jumbo shrimp cocktail and a Chilean Sea Bass special. Yum!

It was an interesting flight in to Teterboro. I was at FL470 following a Global at FL430 and I was turned out by ATC three times then given a speed restriction to stay behind him. When I finally complained to ATC about all the vectoring , they admonished me saying, "I have to land you in sequence, I can't land you in parallel with the Global." I think a better solution would have been to just let me pass him.

GV

uh-oh!

I sense this restaurant survey could turn into a G-V vs. Global Ex. battle!!!!!!!!!! j/k

I did a research paper in college comparing the two aircraft and I think I'd rather have the G-V. That Global is quite impressive, but I take Gulfstream dispatch reliability over that.

Back to the grub, Carmine's in NYC is incredible if you like Ital. food...good luck getting a table though. Also, if you guys ever find yourself at Mohegan Sun, try Big Bubba's BBQ!!!!! Not too bad considering it's New England. :cool:

HSV/DCU: Greenbriar BBQ.
RST: The Hangar. Great Happy hour, and a hottie bartender that looks like a young Jennifer Aniston (night shift).
TRI: Bailey's in Johnson City. Great food, good bar, pool tables & Big screens.
HWD: The Hollow Leg. No food, and the neighborhood has all the atmosphere of downtown Baghdad, but a good little bar.
GCC: The Boot Hill. They're all cute at the Boot. Again, no food, but about the only bar in town.
SAT: Dick's, on the Riverwalk. Where else in the world would you PAY for rude wait staff... and enjoy it.

I'm sure more will come to mind, but those look like places that haven't been mentioned, and also places where you have to go looking for the food and entertainment.

"Lucky View Seafood" in WSSS. Best black peppered crab around. Bring a drop cloth and try not to stare at the Tiger Beer girls.

empenage said:
"Lucky View Seafood" in WSSS. Best black peppered crab around. Bring a drop cloth and try not to stare at the Tiger Beer girls.
D@MN! I was in Singapore a couple weeks ago, wish I would have known about this place then... We went to a Lowry's (near the Marriott) and had Prime Rib...

I'm going to the Lowry's tonight for my Thanksgiving steak....It's out the front door of the Marriot and make a left on the second floor of....THE SHOPPING MALL! I'm here with one of our pilots who loves to shop. He spent 1500$ on Minimoto pearls (sp?). What is the deal with putting them behind the toilet tank at home to keep them moist? I am guessing that it's because they are a shell and you dont want them to flake??

Next time you are here go to the Westin and hit the "New Asia". Nice view....inside and out.

The Prime Rib at Lowry's is fantastic... Yes, only a short walk from the Marriott (The Marriott is quite nice also).

Not sure on the pearls, if you get to Beijing (ZBAA) you need to go to the Pearl Market downtown. Many of our guys have bought strings of pearls for $50-$80 USD only to get home and have them appraised for $500+.

Falcon capt:

The pearl market! Thanks, I'll check it out on Monday if Universal gets the visas for me in time. If not it will be another crew. Now I hope they get the visas so I can finish the Christmas shopping.

You have to try "The Lucky View" for the black pepper crabs. Just remember to wear clothes that you dont mind getting food on!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back