• McDonald's

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • My dinner tab has to run about $200.00

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Buffet style restaurants

Votes: 15 4.0%

• Total voters

skyking1976

Where do you eat when you are on a trip? What's the usual budget? I know where Falcon Capt. eats ;) But what about the rest of us...

SK:cool:

are they wearing 32 pieces of flair or just the bare minimum? ;)

U-I pilot said:
are they wearing 32 pieces of flair or just the bare minimum? ;)
I avoid "Chotchkie's" like the plague. Now, the bare minimum, I guess that would be Hooter's, and I'll go only to the one at Cumberland (ATL). Definitely the best.

By Ham do you mean the larger flight attendants? or the actual meat??

getting out for a try of the local food is usually the most fun, unless its a quick stop then room service may just be the trick....

No set limits on any meals, just use good judgement ($150 bottles of wine may qualify for good taste, not good judgement!!)

Most pilots I have flown with have NO problem sniffing out decent food though...

:D :D

Always try to try the local stuff

You have to eat the fruits of the land!

I personally love to eat sushi on the company tab, but no way in hell am I going to try "Billy Bob's hub caps and sushi" in Podunk!

Soon you'll start to appreciate the nuances of the different places, for instance North Carolina's BBQ is vinegar based, South Carolina's is mustard based, Tennessee prefers a dry rub on their ribs, while Kansas likes there ribs wet.

That's one of the things I enjoy about flying is learning all these nuances, of course you lose out on all this if you always go looking for the Applebees or Friday's.

There's no limit on the company card, we hire people that can exercise good judgment, and quite frankly I'm a lot more worried about them exercising good judgment on maintenance issues, weather, etc., than what they order for dinner.

Another vote for local food, can't beat it.

In larger cities I usually grab PF Changs one night (love that place!!!!!) and try to find a good brew-pub too.

Mexican

All of our crews seem to perfer mexican food over any other type, except maybe B-B-Q.

I, myself, perfer finding a nice brew-pub and sipping some local ale:D

Latest resources

Back