Votes: 6 1.6%
  • McDonald's

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • My dinner tab has to run about $200.00

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Buffet style restaurants

Votes: 15 4.0%

• Total voters
I am not quite sure about the food but, for cheap drinking, you can't beat "the cantina" in GRR. Last night was a good night!!!!

Best mexican in SAN, Jimmy Carter's Mexican Cafe(no relation, I asked). On the west side of the airport, up the hill 3/4 of mile on washington st. This place has only been there for a couple years, but rocks. I've eaten at just about every mex joint in the city, this is by far the best. Puts El Indio to shame.

Re: Coopers

NJAowner said:
Looked at the website -- and got hungry. Do you know what ships well since they freeze it. The experience can't quite be the same as being there.

My wife especially enjoys Texas BBQ. She went to college in Houston (a sort of long time ago) and always talks of Goode Company. How does Cooper's compare?

Thanks.

P.S. In Islamorada Fla (in the keys), Time Out BBQ has great ribs which take all day to cook.

I just saw your question. I can't say as to how Cooper's compares to Goode Co., but I order the sausage and the brisket from Cooper's. They travel pretty well.

GV

When in Las Vegas give Jeremiah's Steak House a try. Prime rib so tender you can cut it with a fork. Prices very reasonable too. Looks like a hole in the wall from the outside, but you will be pleasantly surprised inside.

VEGAS!

Aside from eating a showgirl (yummy)

try Gallaghers in NYNY. Yummy steaks but I believe A La Carte. (I hate that...)

:D :D

When I was spending a lot of time in LA area, two favorites are Typhoon which is on the Santa Monica airport and Ocean Seafood on ocean ave in SMO very close to the pier.

Try these - they're all EXCELLENT

River Grille - Rogers, Arkansas

Carmine's - New York City

Hereford House - Kansas City, MO

Mustard's Grille - Yountville, CA

Royal Thai Cafe - Kailua Kona, Hawaii (best Thai in the Islands I hear)

OK Churrascaria - Sao Paulo Brasil (Rodizio style BBQ)

Just about any restaurant in Paris (though it's not impossible to have a bad meal there)

That should keep a few people fed for a while.

TIS

Wichita

The best BBQ I've ever had is B&C Creations in Old Town. Buffet style, the best hot links in America. All this for $7, including drink. They also have art from locals for sale all over the place. It's truly unique, if you have a layover here I would highly recommend it.

Re: Road Food

GVFlyer said:
regional favorites like the Sea Shack when we have to stay in Teterboro

I've seen the Sea Shack but have never tried it... Is it that good???

I love good seafood! As a matter of fact I don't even like BBQ anymore, give me a nice broiled Lobster Tail, some King Crab, broiled Ocean Scallops and some Jumbo King Prawns! The best grilled Jumbo King Tiger Prawns I have ever had were on Madeira Island and a beachside restaurant! MMmmmm...

Stone crabs, Stone crabs...
dont forget the Stone crabs...

:(

Latest resources

Back