• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Restaurants and Steakhouses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An ex-student of mine once told me of the Diamond Caberet in Denver. Haven't been there yet, but he said I NEEDED to go.

In LBB:

Just your average steaks, but for a very good burger: MUTHERS.
Don't look at the menu, just sit down and order the Step-Muther. You can thank me later.

32 East in Delray Beach Fl
It's just north of BCT . Awewsome anything. The place changes the menu every day. Top notch food. A little too pricey for me now that I am on the Ramen noodle diet. Back in the good old days when I was making the cash selling aircraft parts (prior to deciding I was going to use my pilot license to be unemployed) we used to go there a lot.

The Ferry House in Freeport is awesome too.

TPA ...there is a steakhouse across from the stadium.....Can't remember the name Sam something or other.... Pretty good tho.

Daytona Beach.....The Ocean Deck......Food sucks but...lots of fun!!!

Oh He!! almost forgot......Another one is just outside of PBI, Rachel's.......If you havent been it is a a pretty nice strip bar and Steakhouse. T!tties & Steak. "Oh boy is this great"

Dukes-Waikiki-HNL-it has the good food-great girls-and a great place to hang out when your all burned out.

Sage Dinner-Queens-great food for the bucks-and it is open 24 hours.

FL717 said:
If you can remember where it was in the city, I can probably give you the name. It wasn't Smokin' Joes was it?

Smoken Joes... me thinks that's it... is he supposed to be some old black dude? And the place is in a run down industrial area, a not far from the city theater?? Yeah, I think that's it.

V70T5 said:
BBQ...

a little hole in the wall in the crapy side of town in KC that I cannot remember for the life of me!

Forget KC Masterpiece, you might be thinking about Gates Barbeque. There are a couple of different locations, but I think the one you're referring to is the one in KC, Kansas. Just west of the courthouse on 12th? St. The large combo comes with a free angioplasty.

Best barbeque I ever had - bar none - was in Talequah, OK at Sixkiller's Barbeque. You could not possibly pile more orgazmic quality barbeque on a plate than they do there.

Michelbob's is **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good for Florida, though.

Fu%#lng censorship. Dam, dam, dam.

So there.

Last edited:
There is a place in Augusta that's good too, the name eludes me.. Not far from the Airport, a little mom and pop.. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, though, there are a lot of good BBQ spots accross this nation, even found one in Washington state once, close to Spokane..

I was thinking the same thing as some of the other posters... I can't believe it took so long to get to Burn's.

The dessert room is reason enough to go.....

Also, I'm more then a little surprised that I haven't see Dinosaur's in SYR and ROC posted yet!! IMO, one of the best BBQ in the country.

Also, Corky's in MEM for BBQ.

And since this is a pilot posting.... don't forget about the "Happy Hour" menu's at McCormick and Smidts (sp?) all over the country. Full size hamburgers, pizza's, etc.. for like $2. And they have great seafood if you want to eat for real.

TurboS7 said:
Dukes-Waikiki-HNL-it has the good food-great girls-and a great place to hang out when your all burned out.

I'll second the Duke's motion...ESPECIALLY on Sunday afternoons.

Best Pizza in HNL: Big Kahuna's, just mauka of the airport on Puuloa Rd.

Best Plate Lunch in HNL: Penny's (right next to Dancer's on Sand Island Access Road. You can carry your lunch over to Dancer's to watch the skanky ho's while you eat)

Best Ramen joint: Izo Giku (the one on University)

Best Milkshake: Ono Ono chocolate shake at KC diner.

Best Burger: Hard to beat the Kua Aina burger in Haleiwa (haven't tried the one behind Ward center)

Best shave ice: Matsumoto's

Best Pineapple: The one you bought from the lady on the side of the road.

Best Fish: The one you bought from the lady's kid two miles further down ther road sitting next to a sign that says "Fresh Ahi".

Best burrito: Maui Tacos

Best italian: Buca de Beppo

What have I forgotten?

Last edited:
Best Steak I know of----- Ye Olde Steak House on Chapman Highway in Knoxville.

Santarpios in East Boston----I think the owner is a really old guy that serves most of the pizza but you'd never know he's the owner. FlyDelta gives good directions although it's nowhere near the approach end of 22. That would be in Winthrop.

Seafood---- If in Boston, try The Chart House on Long Wharf. Some nice outdoor bars near there in the summer too. Could also try The Barking Crab in Boston for cheap seafood, good summer atmosphere too with an open air bar overlooking the financial district.

In San Fran I like The Stinking Rose. Everything made with Garlic. It's top-notch.

Latest resources

Back