Cafe De Midici (Italian)

LON:

The Red Fort (Indian)

SLC:

Cucina Toscana (Italian)
Shogun (Sushi)

General Sherman said:
ATL..
Breakfast...The Waffle House on Va. Ave. CHOLESTERAL BOMB.

Seriously...ANY restaraunt not located in the USA.

Hey, the "Country Kitchen" (I think that the name) right down from the Wellesley in ATL is great!

NY:

Pace's, for steaks, but you'll have to drive a little for it unless you go into ISP.

For Itallian, Emelios.

Roanoke:

Texas Steak House

DEN and elsewhere food ideas

BBQ: Bennett's, two locations, one is just a mile from APA.

Another idea is Brothers' BBQ on Monaco off Leetsdale Drive. There's a Brothers off I-25, not far from APA.

Our poster Skyking1976 knows a BBQ restaurant that is more toward the inner city of Denver. I don't remember the name at the moment.

The other is in Westminster or something, not all that far from BJC.

Sushi: Sonoda's, on Parker Road, about a mile west of I-225, is not that far away from DEN.

Someone mentioned a sushi restaurant in LAS on the Strip. I recall eating at one in the Flamingo Hilton that was good.

I second Durgin Park in Boston. We were with family and ate there four years ago. Excellent!!

Finally, in VRB, although some will disagree, is Taste of Italy for Italian. Vincent's is also good, and makes good pizza. Fat Boy's BBQ on U.S. 1 is good.

Good discussion!

chperplt

Yep, that's the place. I had the 21oz T-bone. Best Steak Ever! Didn't think I could finish the 86'er.

Oh, and Fat Matt's for BBQ'd ribs in Atlanta - kinda up near PDK.

Last edited:
Holy smokes! You started this thread hours ago, and already two pages?

Anyway:

Steak...

Don & Charlies - Scottsdale, AZ
Bones - Atlanta, GA
NY Prime - Boca Raton, FL

BBQ...

a little hole in the wall in the crapy side of town in KC that I cannot remember for the life of me!

Vancouver BC,
The flying beaver (no it isnt, but there is a great one of those there also) Not a culinery giant like the others listed here but a great place place to spend a few hours. Micro brewery beer and the type of food that you usually find there. The draw is that its on a lake that has lots of sea plane activity. The terminal if you want to call it that is in the same building as the restaurant. See everything from singles to twin otters on floats over the course of dinner. Can't say for a fact but I understand one of the flying services adjecent to the restaurant provides space available tourist flights to airline guys. Got to be sober for it, which has eliminated me.

This is a great thread. Perhaps the mod could start a permanent one. My company online BB has a section devoted to things to do at each overnight. That way you know where to go when you roll in to town instead of just sitting around the hotel.

TPA- BURN'S STEAKHOUSE- - - great food and what a wine list- lotsa history behind this plae. A must if in the TPA area.

Ruth's is also good in TPA as well as the Cheesecake Factory at the International Plaza. Blue Martini next door has nice "scenary" on the weekends... :cool: (

IND- Loon Lake Lodge- if you like wild game then this is the place by far.. Big airplane on the roof that one cannot miss.

SAN- George's on the Rooftop in La Jolla, awesome seafood and a view that cannot ever be forgotten. Words don't do justice to this place.

JFK- Don Peppe's in Queens. Best Italian food I have ever eaten. World famous and most celebs get their catering from here when in the NY area. Port Authority will give you a ride when you fly into JFK. A MUST "if" you like great Italian food.

HOU & IAH - America's.- great food right by the Galleria.

MSP- Planet Hollywood at Mall of America- horrible food BUT sexy females that make it worth a lunch time visit.

LAS- Picasso in the Bellagio- very very nice place with great food and a nice view of the water show at night.. Also, restaurant atop the Stratosphere is also pretty good.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back