• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Request for the Allegiant guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone comment more specifically about the type of flying out of Vegas? What kind of duty days do you have? How does reserve work? I would be commuting out of Socal so I am curious how many days I would be home and if it would be better to just move into base. Also I am assuming indoc is in Vegas, but where is sim training? Thanks

Duty days are almost all out-and-backs with 45 min. on the ground at the destination. Some trips have 4 short legs.

Reserve is either 0400-1600 or 1200-0000. 10 days off per month. You get called maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. Most trips are of the above-mentioned out-and-back variety with the occasional overnight. Great lifestyle if you live in base, not good if you don't. Living in SoCal you would have it a little better than most; you can hang out someplace like Baker, get released and drive home in between shifts now and then. Btw the wait to get into LAX right now is indefinite; no F/O's seem bent on leaving and they're not adding any flying there, at least for the rest of the year.

Indoc & Sim. training typically happen in LAS. Cheap crash pads and hotels abound.

Duty days are almost all out-and-backs with 45 min. on the ground at the destination. Some trips have 4 short legs.

Reserve is either 0400-1600 or 1200-0000. 10 days off per month. You get called maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. Most trips are of the above-mentioned out-and-back variety with the occasional overnight. Great lifestyle if you live in base, not good if you don't. Living in SoCal you would have it a little better than most; you can hang out someplace like Baker, get released and drive home in between shifts now and then. Btw the wait to get into LAX right now is indefinite; no F/O's seem bent on leaving and they're not adding any flying there, at least for the rest of the year.

Indoc & Sim. training typically happen in LAS. Cheap crash pads and hotels abound.

Hey, thanks buddy. What kind of call out times do reserves have? 2hrs? So I can get paid to hang out at the Denny's in Baker and stare at that stupid thermometer for 8hrs? Niiiiiice...

Last edited:
Hey, thanks buddy. What kind of call out times do reserves have? 2hrs? So I can get paid to hang out at the Denny's in Baker and stare at that stupid thermometer for 8hrs? Niiiiiice...

Hour and a half to the airport parking lot.

http://ir.allegiantair.com/

That is a link to the Allegiant website that provides recent info and new routes.

http://ir.allegiantair.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=506675

That link shows the plan to add 16 more seats on the MD80's. (150 to 166) If you dig deep into the Allegiant website you can find lots of info in there. Go into the press release section, and into the investor section. In the investor section, if you click on that, under the events and presentations section click on the thing that says "more". That has lots of stuff, the graphs are pretty interesting if you are interested in Allegiant.

http://ir.allegiantair.com/

That is a link to the Allegiant website that provides recent info and new routes.

http://ir.allegiantair.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=506675

That link shows the plan to add 16 more seats on the MD80's. (150 to 166) If you dig deep into the Allegiant website you can find lots of info in there. Go into the press release section, and into the investor section. In the investor section, if you click on that, under the events and presentations section click on the thing that says "more". That has lots of stuff, the graphs are pretty interesting if you are interested in Allegiant.

Thank you for the links, some interesting reads!

Or during cooler weather you could hang at that rest stop between Baker and Yermo, exactly 90 minutes to the lot if you drive 80. After a while you'll get to know the days you should just come to Vegas, and the days you have a good chance of not being used.

Or during cooler weather you could hang at that rest stop between Baker and Yermo, exactly 90 minutes to the lot if you drive 80. After a while you'll get to know the days you should just come to Vegas, and the days you have a good chance of not being used.

Too bad the Rock-a-hoola water park along I-15 is abandoned. That would have been a great place to spend a reserve day! :D

Here's the scoop on the "essays" ese. I spoke with the administrative assistant to the CP yesterday.

She said that the "essay" email went out automatically to those that applied via the website within a certain window of time. Not sure specifically WHEN that window was, but I believe whenever someone applies to the website (whenever it's open) they will now get that "essay" email. I personally know 3 applicants who have been trying and all 3 got the essay email.

I was specifically told that the essay was not an indicator of being shortlisted or anything like that..

Anyhow, she told me that applicants should bring their answers to the "essay" questions with them if given an interview. I got the impression that applicants are not supposed to submit their answers until they show for an interview.

I was also told that interviews will be scheduled late this week, and likely happen within a week of then.

Good luck.

There where no essay questions per say; just a topic. The essay also had to be submitted by 8:00 pm last Monday per the email.

Latest resources

Back