• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Request for the Allegiant guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you live someplace close like SoCal or PHX, it's doable. The folks who commute in from farther away end up having to spend a day off here and there in base 'cause going home isn't practical.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the way things look the most recent class (April) will probably end up on reserve for a year or more. This could change for future classes if things pick up but right now things are in bit of a lull.

try not to be such a drama queen. how bout no changes in band pay until May? keeping band 3 is not that hard to do.

Dude, we're almost guaranteed band 2 and you're telling me over 15% operating margin is "not hard to do". We only had 16.7% operating margin in the second quarter this year which is 9% lower than second quarter last year and now we're going into the slow winter months. Even some of the AAPAG negotiators are saying we'll be in band 2.

Not to mention the 15 new engines we bought and one of our bases closing down for a month for repairs.

Unless the price of fuel drops big time and we have two great quarters, we're back to substandard. I don't know about you, but I don't like using my salary as leverage to undercut the competition. We already make less in yearly pay than almost all other major airlines.

Basically we agreed to be management's fuel hedge. When the price of fuel goes up, our pay rates will go down and management still makes their money.

Last edited:
I got an email asking me to submit a pilot essay. Guessing this is just something they send out to everyone that applies? My times aren't competitive. Anyone else get this email?

There was supposed to be a Sept. 30 class which obviously didn't happen. Now it's back on; confirmed by email from Chief Pilot.

Last edited:
That's pretty much just the west coast bases,QUOTE]
So Vegas should be a town that would work for commuting? 3 days off in a block? What are the more junior bases?

LAS has lots of flights and crash pads are cheap so yes I guess if you have to commute it works ok.

You only get 10 days off per month on reserve so you won't have too many 3-day blocks off. Obviously it's easier once you hold a line. You can trade though to try and make your sched. better.

Junior seems to be LAS and the FL bases. Everywhere else is pretty tough to get into right now although that could change if a couple folks decide to move.

Reserve at Allegiant is ok if you live in domicile, horrible if you don't. It's not like reserve at the majors; it's a totally different kind of operation.

How does BLI look, seniority-wise? Also, I hear something that's probably BS but was wondering if anyone could confirm: I heard upgrades aren't purely seniority-based, but depend to a certain extent on recommendations from captains etc. Any validity?

Thanks guys... living in western WA now and looking to move up near BLI so Allegiant seems fairly attractive right now!

Latest resources

Back