• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Request for the Allegiant guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, honestly, the pay rates have caught up to our peers for now, but every single pilot here will still make a lot less than their counterparts at other airlines. But that's mostly because we spend less time on-duty.

Every time you go to work here, it cuts into your 100hrs/month flight time. And since management usually limits you to 94 hours/month, it's almost impossible to make much more than that, except for the 30% overrride over 81 hours.
Other airlines have frequent deadheading which doesn't cut into your maximum flight time, profit sharing, and a higher override. I expect to make about $80k this year flying 1000 hours and I expect my Jet Blue, Southwest, and Air Tran counterparts to make $110K-$160K.

It's still a pretty good job, but if making a lot of money is your top priority, look elsewhere.

Agreed. For the most part Allegiant does not have the 3-5 day trips that pay a minimum amount per day and what not. I think many that do live in base would rather it be how it is here rather than go to a real airline that has the 3-5 day trips. It just depends on what you are into. Some people really do not want to be home every night.

If I read correctly, the pay is currently on Tier 3 of a 4 Tier System, correct? If the economy ever turns around and starts to boom, how much of a $$ difference would Tier 4 be vs Tier 3? Realistic chance of it hitting Tier 4 or just a carrot to keep you hoping? Thanks Much!

If I read correctly, the pay is currently on Tier 3 of a 4 Tier System, correct? If the economy ever turns around and starts to boom, how much of a $$ difference would Tier 4 be vs Tier 3? Realistic chance of it hitting Tier 4 or just a carrot to keep you hoping? Thanks Much!

We will most likely go back to band 2 in a few months and once again be substandard. We won't reach band 4 pay any time soon. The 4 band pay system is a horrible idea. Why should we take pay cuts when we're still making higher profits than any other airline in the country???

The pay spread on the 4 band system is about $20 @ hour for a CA and $15 @ hour for FOs. IOW, a 5th CA could get as much as $145 @ hour and as little as $125. On band 3 they currently get $138.

We will most likely go back to band 2 in a few months and once again be substandard. We won't reach band 4 pay any time soon. The 4 band pay system is a horrible idea. Why should we take pay cuts when we're still making higher profits than any other airline in the country???
try not to be such a drama queen. how bout no changes in band pay until May? keeping band 3 is not that hard to do.

In a conversation with an Allegiant Pilot I was told that commuting may be hard since Allegiant likes to make the schedules along the line of: On Sun & Mon, Off Tues & Wed, On Thurs & Fri, Off Sat. Thoughts?

Latest resources

Back