• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brokedash

Member of the DX A-Team
Please PM me. I have some Q's to ask.

Thx

Not to hijack but I do have a few general questions if any allegiant pilots are reading this...

-How hard would it be for any eventual new hires to get LAS or Phoenix?
-What has been the general makeup of previous new hire classes?? Is it a good mix of military/135/121 or does one dominate? I ask as a 135 captain with no 121 experience

-How much does a letter of reccomondation count at allegiant? I am very interested in a job with u guys/gals but I dont have any internal recs, I'm curious if I have a shot at getting a phone call (4500tt, 2k turbojet pic)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Odds are LAS would be no problem, PHX (IWA) is the senior FO base and the wait could be a year or more to get in.

Classes are a mix of all backgrounds - furloughed AWA, Airborne, Midwest. Captains from Mesa, Great Lakes, a corporate pilot or two.

The bad news - right now pretty much the only way to an interview is with an internal rec. And there's so many pilots with internal recs. that even that is no guarantee to an interview.

Thanks for the info! Been doing a lot of research on allegiant this past year as I have become real interested in getting out of corporate flying... A few more questions...

-do u guys have a pretty senior/junior pilot group? Do you see any significant movement once the age 65 rule catches up with us in the next few years?

-what would you guess upgrade times will look like for anyone getting hired during the next 12-24 months?

Also, I have 1 quick question if anyone working at allegiant could PM me, I would appreciate it! Thanks for the intel!

Last edited:
Young pilot group, no retirement bubble on the horizon. Upgrades will be the result of growth. If you figure the airline has to roughly double in size for a new hire to upgrade then you'd be looking at a 100-plane airline. I don't think you can necessarily bank on Allegiant to keep adding the 10 planes per year that even a 5-year upgrade would require so upgrades for new hires are probably 5+ years out, much longer if growth slows or stops 'cause of the lack of retirements. The 3-year upgrades are probably a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! If anyone can PM me I need 1 quick question answered that I don't think is appropriate to be posted on a public forum, thanks!

I've flown with a couple of FOs who got on in the past 12 months without an internal rec. Leading me to believe it is possible...

I'd also guess that the 6 757s that will be here within the next 24 months will pull some from the MD80 fleet meaning movement of 20-30 in-and-out of the 80s.

Out of curiosity, I am assuming the pilots bid the charter flights based on senority? Are these "lines" desirable and do they go senior, or do most try to avoid them? Discuss!

Out of curiosity, I am assuming the pilots bid the charter flights based on senority? Are these "lines" desirable and do they go senior, or do most try to avoid them? Discuss!

Most charters are for Harrahs and are from one of two bases so you bid that base and all you do are charters. The rest are mixed and are included in the lines. They go senior or junior depending on the charter.

Latest resources

Back