• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Request for the Allegiant guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's your new junior base for new-hires.

I would take it, if given the chance. I had zero internal recs which did not help my case. I did read that another pilot had qualifying flt times and a bunch of internal recs and did not get a call. Very competitive job market. Thanks to all of you who work there that provided info, over the past few weeks, to those of us who hope to work there. It is appreciated!!!

Approx. 500 applications accepted during 3 day application window last month. Add to that several hundred with internal rec's. All for approximately 12 slots = extremely competitive!

Getting hired today at Allegiant is looking at an 8 year upgrade with normal growth patterns. That goes along with time spent on reserve as a new hire equals longer than it has been in the past. Plan accordingly.

Getting hired today at Allegiant is looking at an 8 year upgrade with normal growth patterns. That goes along with time spent on reserve as a new hire equals longer than it has been in the past. Plan accordingly.

That is a definite possibility. The guys that will be in the next upgrade classes are 4th year FO's. And there are over 150 pilots hired after those guys. Not good for a company with only 350 pilots total.

Last edited:

I think if we see a big hiring trend when the age 65 pilots retire the upgrade won't look quite as daunting at Allegiant. Pilots will quit to go elsewhere. Even with the pay significantly better than in the past people will quit for the overnights, larger equipment, an airline with a base where they live, grass is greener and all that stuff.

I agree with you mostly though, 51 planes now with 320 pilots or so, a consistent average growth rate of 7 planes per year would double the fleet and possibly the number of pilots within 7-8 years. That would roughly make for a 7 year upgrade if hired today.

I think you're looking at at least 5-7 years for the mainstream bases but it could be less if you're willing to go someplace like, well, Wendover. Right now we have junior captains who are about 60% down the list.

Latest resources

Back