• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to hire 1,000 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What this looks like is a ploy to attract more/better candidates in their new hire classes. Promise the moon to get people on the property then not deliver on the back side. By then its to late for the employee.

1000 new pilots is about 100 new airplanes. If they started taking deliveries today they would have to take delivery of over four airplanes per month for the next 23 months to meet that target. Considering that there is nothing substantial already in place (and there won't be for at least several more months) this looks like total BS.

According to their press release the new aircraft are: 24 CRJs, 17 170s, 30 175s. That makes 71. Assuming 10 crews/plane, I don't know what the other 290 would be for. Attrition maybe? Is there much attrition at RAH?

Over two years, yes I could see that much attrition. I have moved up over 120 spots in one year. And the rate is growing.

According to their press release the new aircraft are: 24 CRJs, 17 170s, 30 175s. That makes 71. Assuming 10 crews/plane, I don't know what the other 290 would be for. Attrition maybe? Is there much attrition at RAH?

Are you sure you didn't mean 10 crewmembers per aircraft?????? 5.5 crews per plane is the norm....

I would Agree that people are leaving for JetBlue, Southwest, and UPS are the big ones for Capts.

FO's are leaving for Netjet and other good Corporate Gigs. I few Fo's are going to Omni Air.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back