• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to Fly for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vacation bid out and by mid-november the company will be down to 65 captains and 60 F/O's to man 9 B717's. 125 total pilots with around 275 on the street, who knows how man F/A's are getting axed among many other departements. its just a crying shame!

vacation bid out and by mid-november the company will be down to 65 captains and 60 F/O's to man 9 B717's. 125 total pilots with around 275 on the street, who knows how man F/A's are getting axed among many other departements. its just a crying shame!

The Republic pilots don't think it's a crying shame. They're excited about it. What are the NWA pilots and Delta pilots doing about this? Absolutely nothing. Nobody cares until it affects himself/herself. I'm truly sorry for you guys, but I guarantee the majority of pilots in this industry could care less if Midwest goes out of business.

Hockeypilot:

Are you RAH? If you are, then you are the only RAH pilot who doesn't think this is a crying shame. If you are not, you should not open your mouth on subjects on which you have no knowledge.

Well said Axel!!! the RAH pilot group is disgusted at the company for such a move...no one is FKing partying here!!!Mr.hockeypilot44 so get your story straigh...

AXEL....stay upwind

So what is being said within the MEH pilot group? Is there any way to fight this? Is there talk of shutting the place down?

14 pilots per aircraft. Seems like alot of pilots per aircraft. Especially for an airline that has never really had high aircraft utilization rates.

14 pilots per aircraft. Seems like alot of pilots per aircraft. Especially for an airline that has never really had high aircraft utilization rates.

Goes well with 88 seats in a 717. Sorry, 99. Timmay was hot on it to fix that problem, 28 airplanes later.

I said to Rankin back in 2003 or 4 during some PIC class that we need more seats. But what does a stupid regional punk know. Guess dumping 28 airplanes was a better idea. My bad.

So what is being said within the MEH pilot group? Is there any way to fight this? Is there talk of shutting the place down?

Today both Midwest pilots and flight attendants will have a rally in Milwaukee at 9.30am, media will be present, please join us if you can.

Please contact our local alpa office for more details
414-481-1481

Latest resources

Back