• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waiting for a Republic pilot to come on here and try to convince us all that they are going to get "industry leading" pay for that plane. What a f-ing joke. Republic has officially replaced Mesa as the scum of the industry.

Spoken like a true Republic pilot... justifying you're meager wage for "big airplanes." A pay check the size of texas? Look at AA, Delta, Southwest. Look at Midwest, (the company you killed), and F9 (the company you're killing). They have good pay and you're undercutting is what's ruining the industry. Heck you top out lower than most of the regionals. YOU and you're Republic pals are the one's lowering the bar and ruining the dream. YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE INDUSTRY! You knew what the rates were when you got hired at RP and you went anyways.

and PS - I did do my homework. It wasn't until recently that you're crap company came along and began ruining everyone's future - including your own. If you want to earn bus driver wages, drive a bus. If you want to earn pilot wages, be a pilot. You CAN control it - quit or strike. It's bad enough you're taking it up the a-- from bedford; you don't have to smile about it.

Ohh and I do know how you sleep at night - on the air mattress in your crashpad because you can't afford anything else (and never will with your view). It's time you figure out WHAT SIDE your on. You're a pilot. I'm a pilot. We're all in this together; no matter what company you're at.

Well said sir. Truly a scumbag airline with pilots that don't even have the courage to admit they are continuing to lower the entire industry.

Spoken like a true Republic pilot... justifying you're meager wage for "big airplanes." A pay check the size of texas? Look at AA, Delta, Southwest. Look at Midwest, (the company you killed), and F9 (the company you're killing). They have good pay and you're undercutting is what's ruining the industry. Heck you top out lower than most of the regionals. YOU and you're Republic pals are the one's lowering the bar and ruining the dream. YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE INDUSTRY! You knew what the rates were when you got hired at RP and you went anyways.

and PS - I did do my homework. It wasn't until recently that you're crap company came along and began ruining everyone's future - including your own. If you want to earn bus driver wages, drive a bus. If you want to earn pilot wages, be a pilot. You CAN control it - quit or strike. It's bad enough you're taking it up the a-- from bedford; you don't have to smile about it.

Ohh and I do know how you sleep at night - on the air mattress in your crashpad because you can't afford anything else (and never will with your view). It's time you figure out WHAT SIDE your on. You're a pilot. I'm a pilot. We're all in this together; no matter what company you're at.

Prefect! Its time for people to stand up and either demand to be paid for these planes or refuse to fly them..... RAH kids wont do it, they still think they are "paying their dues" ...... too bad no one is actually getting paid over there.

Steveair,

How's that 5 percent over-ride working for you on the 700 and 900? Flown any ex-DL or UA routes lately? You do know that real regionals keep the 200 as a separate category thus creating more pilot jobs. Maybe Skywest is bringing down the industry too, eh? Have fun riding that bandwagon...

Not a huge surprise. I had read a few months ago that Republic was considering this aircraft (the stretched version) to potentially replace Frontier Airbus aircraft as leases expire. Not sure if that specifically will happen (whether the CS will be incremental to the Airbus or not). The Frontier pilots need not worry about losing their sidesticks because the CS also provides a sidestick - check out the advanced cockpit:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flightblogger/assets_c/2009/03/cseries-RC-fusion_800.html

It should be an upgraded version of the older Airbus cockpit... Let's hope pay remains the same or better than the Airbus (not holding my breath for that).

You folks that rag on the regionals on here are such a joke I don't know where to start.(you act like major guys but I'm not so sure)

I can only think of one time where pilot groups have gotten away with refusing to fly an aircraft. It's when the majors were too good to fly RJ's. Which is what got us where we are now.

I don't recall United saying no we won't fly the 777 because you won't give us a higher pay rate than what we have. Those planes showed up and people fly them. That's part of being a professional.

Oh.. and lets focus on some of the really atrocious things happening in this industry. Do you know that a 15 year RAH captain makes $10/hr more than the same US Airways captain on a 190??? Oh but that isn't a fair comparison because junior captain on the 190 at US is an '88 hire. THAT is just wrong.

Bickering Bickering & even more Bickering huh? I understand that's the sole purpose of this board, but WOW. Every time some kinda news about republic comes up, the same people just start barking like a pack of wild dogs. its the exact same things that are said. The same arguments and name calling continues. The same accusations.....everything, all the same crap. All this trash-talking, about cancer & lowering the bar and how Republic "guys" won't stand up? Ok, so they're not standing up. Someone answer the question......who will?? Who here is going to stand up if republic peeps won't? Who? Anyone? Wait, wait....I'm hearing crickets. So after all 30 pages of this thread is completely filled with pure trash-talk nonsense, you know what will happen? Absolutely nothing. That's what. And that's what will continue to happen......and there nothing anyone of you will do about it. Its just an empty cycle. Around & around it goes. How many times can I say it? The industry has changed. The entire landscape. The objective is, and always will be cheap labor. What else do you honestly expect? There will eventually be a breaking point (because no one will fly for free.......................right???? I, at least, hope not). But, until that time comes, it will only continue in that direction. Bigger planes for less pay. Those of you who have invested in this career (in dollars & years), all I can say is, sorry. Each "group" can blame each other as much as they want. Point all the fingers on your hands at each other. And also talk crap about each other, but the fact remains. Nothing will be done about it.

Latest resources

Back