• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been wondering if this career was worth sticking around for. This just puts a giant stamp of confirmation on a never ending downtrend. Take small planes with pilots making little money, then stretch the planes 100% plus while increasing the pay 15%, pure management genius. Short term gains while kicking the can down the road.

Just like you did with the 190's. Try being realistic man; you're working for the #1 company that is ruining the industry. I don't know how you sleep at night.

I just am doing everything I can and trying not to worry about things I ultimately can't control. I have a question, If people are so dissatisfied with this industry, do yourself and everyone around you a favor and get out. Why are you even here anymore if you don't like it? Seriously, this industry has been in and out of bankruptcy it's whole life. If you came into this profession imagining yourself with five flight attendants hanging off your arm and a pay check the size of Texas, you didn't do your homework and shame on you. It is what it is, I will do what I can, and I'm not going to go to my grave worrying about petty things like most people on this site do.

Even if you somehow manage to get a miracle and get the industry avg pay rate for the number of seats it has, you will still be bringing the industry downward, as you have a crappy retirement plan, worse then the majors, and the contracts in general are not as good so yes, you are helping elimanate the majors. One day the airline industry is going to be one big regional. We will all be official bus drivers but with less benefits.

I just am doing everything I can and trying not to worry about things I ultimately can't control. I have a question, If people are so dissatisfied with this industry, do yourself and everyone around you a favor and get out. Why are you even here anymore if you don't like it? Seriously, this industry has been in and out of bankruptcy it's whole life. If you came into this profession imagining yourself with five flight attendants hanging off your arm and a pay check the size of Texas, you didn't do your homework and shame on you. It is what it is, I will do what I can, and I'm not going to go to my grave worrying about petty things like most people on this site do.

Spoken like a true Republic pilot... justifying you're meager wage for "big airplanes." A pay check the size of texas? Look at AA, Delta, Southwest. Look at Midwest, (the company you killed), and F9 (the company you're killing). They have good pay and you're undercutting is what's ruining the industry. Heck you top out lower than most of the regionals. YOU and you're Republic pals are the one's lowering the bar and ruining the dream. YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE INDUSTRY! You knew what the rates were when you got hired at RP and you went anyways.

and PS - I did do my homework. It wasn't until recently that you're crap company came along and began ruining everyone's future - including your own. If you want to earn bus driver wages, drive a bus. If you want to earn pilot wages, be a pilot. You CAN control it - quit or strike. It's bad enough you're taking it up the a-- from bedford; you don't have to smile about it.

Ohh and I do know how you sleep at night - on the air mattress in your crashpad because you can't afford anything else (and never will with your view). It's time you figure out WHAT SIDE your on. You're a pilot. I'm a pilot. We're all in this together; no matter what company you're at.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true Republic pilot... justifying you're meager wage for "big airplanes." A pay check the size of texas? Look at AA, Delta, Southwest. Look at Midwest, (the company you killed), and F9 (the company you're killing). They have good pay and you're undercutting is what's ruining the industry. YOU and you're Republic pals are the one's lowering the bar and ruining the dream. YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE INDUSTRY!

and PS - I did do my homework. It wasn't until recently that you're crap company came along and began ruining everyone's future - including your own. If you want to earn bus driver wages, drive a bus. If you want to earn pilot wages, be a pilot. You CAN control it - quit or strike.

Ohh and I do know how you sleep at night - on the air mattress in your crashpad because you can't afford anything else (and never will with your view).

Couldn't have said it better....thank you!

Latest resources

Back