Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SteveAir,

According to APC.com, Skywest FO pay tops out at $44.00 an hour compared to $37.00 an hour at Republic - a difference of $7.00 per hour across the board.

However, when you compare Skywest RJ 700/900 Captain pay against Republic E175/190 Captain pay, the difference is in Republics favor at every step. Starting at Year 3 Captain pay, the difference is $8.00 an hour greater, graduating to $13.00 per hour more in year 20. (years 1 and 2 are $4 and $5 per hour greater respectively).

So how exactly is Skywest protecting the profession as a whole, while Republic's "meager wages" as you say are "lowering the bar"? I understand and appreciate the peril that our industry is in, but for some half-cocked Skywest RJ Captain to get on his high horse and say that a Republic pilot should save the industry by either "Striking or quitting", is just about the most laughable piece of entitled nonsense I have ever read. If you are so worried about where the advent of the RJ is taking our profession, then you should take your own advice and quit to prove a point. I have a feeling that there are hundreds of Skywest FO's out there that would be delighted if you did.

SteveAir,

According to APC.com, Skywest FO pay tops out at $44.00 an hour compared to $37.00 an hour at Republic - a difference of $7.00 per hour across the board.

However, when you compare Skywest RJ 700/900 Captain pay against Republic E175/190 Captain pay, the difference is in Republics favor at every step. Starting at Year 3 Captain pay, the difference is $8.00 an hour greater, graduating to $13.00 per hour more in year 20. (years 1 and 2 are $4 and $5 per hour greater respectively).

So how exactly is Skywest protecting the profession as a whole, while Republic's "meager wages" as you say are "lowering the bar"? I understand and appreciate the peril that our industry is in, but for some half-cocked Skywest RJ Captain to get on his high horse and say that a Republic pilot should save the industry by either "Striking or quitting", is just about the most laughable piece of entitled nonsense I have ever read. If you are so worried about where the advent of the RJ is taking our profession, then you should take your own advice and quit to prove a point. I have a feeling that there are hundreds of Skywest FO's out there that would be delighted if you did.

How many seats on an E190.

eP.

Hi!

While I think this is not the greatest thing in the world, what with Republic's "Code Share" getting around some scope restrictions, what is worse is TSA's purchase of MRJs. They ONLY fly feed. So, what are they going to do with their MRJs?????????

cliff
NBO

I belive the MRJ bought was for the 70 seat version not the 100 I could be wrong. I cant wait till Mitsubishi flys us first class to Flight Safety Tokyo for familiraziation. This pilot wishes Republic good luck with their C-series and hope to raise the pay bar as well.

Well said sir. Truly a scumbag airline with pilots that don't even have the courage to admit they are continuing to lower the entire industry.

How exactly are they lowering the industry? This jet doesn't effect anyone since its self branded not code share. Besides it looks like they wont be able to make any money on it anyways at least for the next year or two untill they call it quits. Some serious balls for their CEO to announce Airbus replacements 5 years down the road.

Hi!

The problem started when the majors didn't want to fly 19 seat turboprops!

cliff
NBO

Hi!

The problem started when the majors didn't want to fly 19 seat turboprops!

cliff
NBO

This is a true statement. I always enjoy you posts Cliff. They are mature and sensible and usually don't involve juvenile statements. Thanks for keeping it classy like a few others around this place.

Are you all 100% sure this is to replace their airbus fleet? I don't recall seeing anything pertaining to replacement in the news article? If anyone finds out, can you let the rest of us know for sure?

Are you all 100% sure this is to replace their airbus fleet? I don't recall seeing anything pertaining to replacement in the news article? If anyone finds out, can you let the rest of us know for sure?

I wasn't 100% sure until BB said that the C300 was NOT a replacement and that he had NO PLANS to retire the 320's.

It took me a few months to figure out that Bedford/Hellar/Oz are sociopathic liars. The only certainty in aviation is to read or listen to whatever these a-holes tell labor, and then assume the exact opposite.

"we will do everything not to merge list" actually means = "you dumbazzes are merging, suck it"

"we will grow the midwest brand" actually meant a number of wonderful things...

1. "we will tacticly nuke the former midwest headquarters, just in case any original midwest employees are hiding in a closet"
2. "we will offer F9 Union Mechanics Jobs in MKE, and after they sell their houses we will fill them in on the little details like it is a non-union shop with lower pay and no benefits.
3. "we tried to institute Prima Nocta on said Mechanics wives, but found out it was illegal"

"190 Casm is actually lower than your airbus Casm" actually meant "I know that I said the exact opposite yesterday at two different public conferences, but you are just imbecile pilots and I love to confuse your dumbazzes"

Yeah, I think it is safe to assume that the bombardier plane that has never flown will eventually replace the airbuses.

Latest resources

Back