Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being an outsider, I have to ask: seniority grab by the treacherous regional pilots? Didn't F9 get bought (at auction)? Also, not being privvy to the actual 100 million integration proposals for this integration did F9 not suggest what amounted to a staple of the company that bought them?

It's all a little confusing. You got bought, yet the company that bought you is beneath you. Doesn't RAH have pilots on their list that have been there over 20 years? They certainly deserve to be placed well below any existing F9 pilot (especially since they got bought) just because they're "regional" pilots. I'm sure they have no experience too.

All your attitudes are unbelieveable. Am I wrong, did RAH not acquire F9 at auction? Please explain how it's a seniority grab when you were aquired?

Just curious. To me, your ego's are a little overwhelming.

This whole argument boils down to carreer expectations. Everyone here at RAH is here for one reason. You get abused for a few years in exchange for 1000 TPIC then move on to a real airline. We really have no right to butt ourselves into a mainline seniority list regardless of who bought who.

Chqflyer...do you still really fly for chq?

and not all of us are here to get in and get out.. There are a number who have been here a long time and will stay if we survive....

Being an outsider, I have to ask: seniority grab by the treacherous regional pilots? Didn't F9 get bought (at auction)? Also, not being privvy
It's all a little confusing. You got bought, yet the company that bought you is beneath you. QUOTE]

Its OK to be confused markminus100. Yes the holding company (RAH)bought a major airline (F9). The holding company also owns a few FFD regional airlines that fly contract for some other mainline carriers. Its not a matter whether the regional pilots are beneath us, its just that they are working in a different segment of the industry and happen to have the same parent company. Don't take what we have and we won't take what you have. It terms of the auction process, Bedford said Frontier would successfully exit BK with or without RAH, so forget that weak arguement.

Well, here is the cool thing. Nobody says that you high and mighty Frontier pilots HAVE to stay here. Leave if it is so beneath you to work here with us lowly regional pilots! There is the door and, remember, don't let it hit you in the azz on the way out! Never seen more of a self serving whining bunch of people before in my life!

Being an outsider, I have to ask: seniority grab by the treacherous regional pilots? Didn't F9 get bought (at auction)? Also, not being privvy to the actual 100 million integration proposals for this integration did F9 not suggest what amounted to a staple of the company that bought them?

It's all a little confusing. You got bought, yet the company that bought you is beneath you. Doesn't RAH have pilots on their list that have been there over 20 years? They certainly deserve to be placed well below any existing F9 pilot (especially since they got bought) just because they're "regional" pilots. I'm sure they have no experience too.

All your attitudes are unbelieveable. Am I wrong, did RAH not acquire F9 at auction? Please explain how it's a seniority grab when you were aquired?

Just curious. To me, your ego's are a little overwhelming.

Ill help you understand. When one gets hungry and doesnt eat, one dies. So one goes to the grocery store to buy food and eat. Somebody bought somebody to be more competitive, RAH needed F9.

It was a nice party. No one on either side of Management or the Union were influenced in anyway at the party or by the party.

Once (if) you gain some experience and lose some of your us-against-them angst, you'll realize that there is a time to flight for the contract, the polices, the grievances, the terminations, etc. and at the end of the day both Union and Management have a job to do.

Once that job is done, reasonable people on both sides recognize that we're all in this together, respect some of the people on either side and relationships grow out of mutual respect.

I've had shouting matches with Labor Relations over the years, there have been periods that we didn't even speak in passing, but a week or month later had lunch with them (we trade off on who buys).

It actually pays off to not hate each other. Of course that was the old Frontier. I have no idea how these relations will go with Ford & Harrison, BB and especially WH. I'm afraid my expectations are not high.

You get this experience from volunteering, working for the Union and the pilots or becoming an elected BoD member, not standing on the sidelines screaming when you have no knowledge or experience. Or even worse screaming when none of it affects you any longer.

I dont agree with you. This is why we are here today. It has never been about "hate". Hate is a strong word and nobody hates anybody, relax. Respect Managements' position, let them run a company, while labor protects labors best interest. Do not co-mingle on days off, all meetings need to be accounted for. Leisure activities and events will effect outcomes, whether planned or not. Rah is not "old" f9.

CYA

Last edited:
Well, here is the cool thing. Nobody says that you high and mighty Frontier pilots HAVE to stay here. Leave if it is so beneath you to work here with us lowly regional pilots! There is the door and, remember, don't let it hit you in the azz on the way out! Never seen more of a self serving whining bunch of people before in my life!

We are not "here" we are at Frontier, you are at Repchqshutam. Wanting to keep what we have is hardly "whining" , although it would serve your pursuits for us to just leave, (Also be a man spell out ass) Are we whining because we want to be left alone? Or that we are not handing over our seats fast enough? Self serving because were still here? Or Your still in a 145/170/190/ plastic helicopter? Self serving because "one voice, one list, one union, despite a catchy mantra just does not resonate with us? From what I've seen of Republics operation at Denver your showing yourself to the door just fine.

Its OK to be confused markminus100. Yes the holding company (RAH)bought a major airline (F9). The holding company also owns a few FFD regional airlines that fly contract for some other mainline carriers. Its not a matter whether the regional pilots are beneath us, its just that they are working in a different segment of the industry and happen to have the same parent company. Don't take what we have and we won't take what you have. It terms of the auction process, Bedford said Frontier would successfully exit BK with or without RAH, so forget that weak arguement.

Actually, there is no argument. You got bought, whether you like it or not. The fact of the matter is that you got aquired by a different company. Who cares if the business that bought you was in car sales, you still got bought, at an auction. You are part of their business and there's not a thing you can do about it: you got bought.

Bolo, thanks for the PM. You not only proved that you in fact have an abnormally large ego (for a "mainline" carrier - really, let's be honest), but that you also have the maturity of a child.

This whole argument boils down to carreer expectations. Everyone here at RAH is here for one reason. You get abused for a few years in exchange for 1000 TPIC then move on to a real airline. We really have no right to butt ourselves into a mainline seniority list regardless of who bought who.
And that is the problem with this purchase. Now we have faaar more pilots (really only CA's) who are willing to hang out for a while longer to see what happens. That really hurts the career expectations of the FO's as upgrade times begin to stretch towards LCC upgrade times (while being stuck with REALLY poor pay/workrules). The traditional "get in, upgrade, get out" model has been disrupted. I really don't care how the list shakes out just so long as there are giant fences between the two groups, mainline: YX and F9, and FFD: RW, RP, S5.

Latest resources

Back