Reionals fate? Delta/NWA Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sure about that?

The NWA guys are all saying the DC9's can't get parked without forcing RJ reductions. Delta has a little wiggle room under their scope (which may get bigger without Mesa) so a transfer to the Delta side seemed to make sense while they operate in the interim with NWA as a subsidiary.

The fleet requirements were a product of prior agreements. The bk contract allows unlimited 50-seaters and 90 51-76 seaters (provided Compass exists) with no regard to the narrow body fleet. There are provisions to increase the number of 51-76 seaters depending on future additions to the narrow body fleet.

I agree that if indeed the Delta guys are hanging the NW guys out to dry with their one sided negotiations with Delta (and it seems like they are) in this consolidation that the DC-9's will get cut (and other undesirable parts of the company) with the stoke of a pen. NW pilots will have little recourse as their company is chopped up without the protections of a combined list.

Flyer1015 said:
You really need to look at our ASA before spewing off garbage like that...

You really need to look at your post history, sir....

When analyzed carefully-compared and contrasted with the erudite nectar flowing from the fingers of other posters on this or pretty much any other aviation site-it is impossible to arrive at any conclusion other than the truth.......

That truth being that your were, are, and in all likelihood will continue to be a booger-gnawing moron!

Um, you DO realize that by me saying "look at our ASA" means "look at Pinnacle's Airline Services Agreement."

The Airline Services Agreement, or ASA, spells out successorship rules, change of holding company, and rules for amounts of airplanes to be operated and under what conditions they can be swapped out.

You have NO knowledge of our ASA.

Instead, being the typical dumb ignorant pr*ck you are, you assumed I was talking about Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA the airline).

So tell us how you really feel. Idiots like you don't want to take the time to get the REAL facts behind the current topic being discussed. Instead, it's just "easier" to resort to calling others 'booger-gnawing moron.'

But hey, that's easier to do, than ACTUALLY read the applicable parts of the Pinnacle ASA... and again, that's the Airline Services Agreement.

Last edited:
I agree that if indeed the Delta guys are hanging the NW guys out to dry with their one sided negotiations with Delta (and it seems like they are) in this consolidation that the DC-9's will get cut (and other undesirable parts of the company) with the stoke of a pen. NW pilots will have little recourse as their company is chopped up without the protections of a combined list.

If that happens...will you still be such an ALPA cheerleader?

Um, you DO realize that by me saying "look at our ASA" means "look at Pinnacle's Airline Services Agreement."

The Airline Services Agreement, or ASA, spells out successorship rules, change of holding company, and rules for amounts of airplanes to be operated and under what conditions they can be swapped out.

You have NO knowledge of our ASA.

Instead, being the typical dumb ignorant pr*ck you are, you assumed I was talking about Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA the airline).

So tell us how you really feel. Idiots like you don't want to take the time to get the REAL facts behind the current topic being discussed. Instead, it's just "easier" to resort to calling others 'booger-gnawing moron.'

But hey, that's easier to do, than ACTUALLY read the applicable parts of the Pinnacle ASA... and again, that's the Airline Services Agreement.

Not trying to start anything or get invovled in your debate, but an ASA with NWA is not worth the paper it's written on. XJ had a brand new, nice and shiny 10 year ASA that was gutted and lasted about six months. Not to mention NWA may soon be called Delta, better read the successorship clauses carefully.

If that happens...will you still be such an ALPA cheerleader?

If that happens it will deepen my resolve that National needs to real in the autonomy of the MECs. For way to long have mainline MECs been allowed to do what pleases them regardless of the damage to other ALPA pilots and the profession. Division will weaken us all though so ALPA must be saved.

Not trying to start anything or get invovled in your debate, but an ASA with NWA is not worth the paper it's written on. XJ had a brand new, nice and shiny 10 year ASA that was gutted and lasted about six months. Not to mention NWA may soon be called Delta, better read the successorship clauses carefully.

I apologize if I misunderstand the situation, but didn't MAIR declare bankruptcy first, and then through bankruptcy court, void the agreement?

With Pinnacle's past performance under the "new" ASA, there is little doubt that NWA or any successor would have "cause" to terminate the ASA. (Think March 2007... I can only imagine how bad the service has been since) If Pinnacle is not gone within a year after the merger... then there will only be a couple hundred pilots flying 900s for Delta. My take.

With Pinnacle's past performance under the "new" ASA, there is little doubt that NWA or any successor would have "cause" to terminate the ASA. (Think March 2007... I can only imagine how bad the service has been since) If Pinnacle is not gone within a year after the merger... then there will only be a couple hundred pilots flying 900s for Delta. My take.

Does it really matter? 9E is in an unfortunate position now, but once management is done convincing the two idiot/sellout/childlike pilot groups to beat the hell out of each other at the mainline(s), all the nwa airlink carriers will be next...this won't bode well for any of us.

I apologize if I misunderstand the situation, but didn't MAIR declare bankruptcy first, and then through bankruptcy court, void the agreement?

Yes and no. It was NWA's BK that voided our ASA. That's one reason I am thinking all of NWA's ASA's aren't worth much in a Delta/NWA merger with DAL on top.

Latest resources

Back