• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reionals fate? Delta/NWA Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are no minimum fleet requirements to qualify for RJ lift at NWA anymore. Try another theory. :)
You sure about that?

The NWA guys are all saying the DC9's can't get parked without forcing RJ reductions. Delta has a little wiggle room under their scope (which may get bigger without Mesa) so a transfer to the Delta side seemed to make sense while they operate in the interim with NWA as a subsidiary.

SkyWest and Republic seem to have inviolate contracts.

You disagree?

As far as flow throughs go, my guess is that DAL will hire pilots after the NWA deal is consumated. NWA may have hired their last pilot ever when those functions become part of the Delta HR machine.

Well Skywest/ASA own the gates in ATL. And ASA is guaranteed a minimum number of flights out of ATL. Were 3 years into a 15 year contract....So unless Delta enters BK, and decides it can do without the C Concourse, Skywest/ASA is safe.

Those guys in St. George are pretty smart cookies.

Look.....

You really need to look at our ASA before spewing off garbage like that...

You really need to look at your post history, sir....

When analyzed carefully-compared and contrasted with the erudite nectar flowing from the fingers of other posters on this or pretty much any other aviation site-it is impossible to arrive at any conclusion other than the truth.......

That truth being that your were, are, and in all likelihood will continue to be a booger-gnawing moron!

I left XJ prior to the last deal with the flow through, so I am not privy to the details, so this is not a flame.

That being said, is there a flow back or is there a fence?

If this merger goes through, which it sounds inevitable, there will be anywhere from 500 to 1,000 pilots on the curb. Where they come from is what I would be concerned with.

Good luck guys. All my best.

I left XJ prior to the last deal with the flow through, so I am not privy to the details, so this is not a flame.

That being said, is there a flow back or is there a fence?

If this merger goes through, which it sounds inevitable, there will be anywhere from 500 to 1,000 pilots on the curb. Where they come from is what I would be concerned with.

Good luck guys. All my best.

There is a flow back equal to the number of people who flow up

Well Skywest/ASA own the gates in ATL. And ASA is guaranteed a minimum number of flights out of ATL. Were 3 years into a 15 year contract....So unless Delta enters BK, and decides it can do without the C Concourse, Skywest/ASA is safe.

Those guys in St. George are pretty smart cookies.

With all due respect, you guys can make believe whatever you want contract or not. The truth is anything can happen, with or without bankruptcy.

My guess would be that it may be a year or two before anything affects the wholly owned operations, Mesaba, ComAir and Compass.

I would think that Mesaba would be relatively safe considering the turbo-prop and 900 operation. The 200's transferred from 9E that XJ is operating are probably in the same danger that all 50 seat flying is industry wide.

In the end of course who knows, I have yet to ever see an accurate prediction of things to come from this board, crewroom speculation, or my own musings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back