• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reionals fate? Delta/NWA Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair will be gone, and I guarantee Pinchnickle will be don too. As for the flowthrough? who knows brother, flowthroughs never really work out. Look at eagle. They had an "OK" flowthrough agreement when it started, but now...well, you know.

You really need to look at our ASA before spewing off garbage like that...

My forecast is Delta to park NWA's DC9's. When the NWA fleet falls below min values forcing the parking of Compass / Mesaba / Pinnacle those RJ's will be transferred to Comair and Comair sold with the "new" flying award from NWA's fleet reductions.

Obviously DAL's scope has to change if they are going to operate NWA as a subsidiary.

ASA / Skywest / Republic (aka Shuttle or whatever they call themselves this week) all safe for now. In fact, probably safe for as long as we can see from here. Chautauqua's 50 seat operation might see changes.

Mesa = Toast unless they can get a restraining order against Delta. After Mesa is a smoking hole, look for Delta to possibly move some larger RJ to Hawaii.

But I know nothing....

Last edited:
4500 posts!

My forecast is Delta to park NWA's DC9's. When the NWA fleet falls below min values forcing the parking of Compass / Mesaba / Pinnacle those RJ's will be transferred to Comair and Comair sold with the "new" flying award from NWA's fleet reductions.

Obviously DAL's scope has to change if they are going to operate NWA as a subsidiary.

ASA / Skywest / Republic (aka Shuttle or whatever they call themselves this week) all safe for now. In fact, probably safe for as long as we can see from here. Chautauqua's 50 seat operation might see changes.

Mesa = Toast unless they can get a restraining order against Delta. After Mesa is a smoking hole, look for Delta to possibly move some larger RJ to Hawaii.

But I know nothing....

This guy must know every secret in the industry, then spew it all on FI. Seriously, Delta will not just tank a company they own.....think of the business sense....

Ahhh, the smart airline execs at FI.com I predict that Comair/Pinnacle/Mesaba/Compass/ASA/Skywest/
Republic/ExpressJet/whoever I forgot will get the bozak!!!!

This guy must know every secret in the industry, then spew it all on FI. Seriously, Delta will not just tank a company they own.....think of the business sense....

The fact that they own comair means little.

The fact that they paid huge bank to purchase it (pre 9/11) means NOTHING.

They have been trying to unload it for years...but no takers.

The only two factors to consider are:

What is it worth NOW?

How badly does DAL need to to reduce regional flying?

If they need reductions, can't get them elsewhere, and the market cap is low enough they could shut it down. I personally think they won't, but it's not a sure bet.

There are no minimum fleet requirements to qualify for RJ lift at NWA anymore. Try another theory. :)

Republic (aka Shuttle or whatever they call themselves this week) all safe for now. In fact, probably safe for as long as we can see from here. Chautauqua's 50 seat operation might see changes.
Ummmm...what they've been called all along. RAH is the holding CO for Chautauqua, Shuttle America and Republic Airlines. CQ has known about the reduction on the 145 platform (primarily via the 135 fleet) for quite some time.

How ironc that you end your post with "I know nothing."

But I know nothing....
you really that dumb?

The one true fact is NOT one of us know what's going to happen. We're all sitting in an intertube with a six pack of beer tied on to the side about to head into some Class V rapids. Just hang on.

It's not going to be fun.

The one true fact is NOT one of us know what's going to happen. We're all sitting in an intertube with a six pack of beer tied on to the side about to head into some Class V rapids. Just hang on.

It's not going to be fun.

<<intertube>>

isn't that the medical term for what connects your colon to your rectum?

If so, mine's about to blow! Gimme some more of that beer....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back