• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reionals fate? Delta/NWA Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct, poor past decisions, nevertheless these pilots are still the reason you have a job. quote]

Come on......MJ42. I am not in debt to the NWA pilot group for my job. That is just crazy talk!

True, airlines need feed. IMO as well as many others they need the kind of feed circa early 1990's, i.e. turboprops. Kinda like when regionals were used correctly, as "commuters", not like now. Regionals are not regional airlines at all. Now some are technically classified as Nationals and Majors.

Therefore, there are a lot more regional jobs because of relaxed scope. You don't see the 2500 hour flight instructor desperate to find a 19 seat turboprop job like years ago. Yes we are all in this together, but regionals have grown rapidly and your plethora of jobs are around because of (poor) decisions by the guys at the Majors.

Don't get me wrong, I came up through the regional ranks. But I would have gotten to a Major much sooner(even with the state of our industry) if regionals were regional airlines flying regional routes with turboprops.

So...no, it really doesn't work in both directions. There are less Major jobs because of expanding regionals. This hurts all of our career progression.

AGREE!!!!!!! We would all be at a major airline quicker if scope was not released years ago, but since it has (and not by my doing) don't tell us regional guys that we owe mainline guys a our jobs.

I say bring anything without a prop on mainline property! You don't have to pay anymore, but we all want one list!

AGREE!!!!!!! We would all be at a major airline quicker if scope was not released years ago, but since it has (and not by my doing) don't tell us regional guys that we owe mainline guys a our jobs.

I say bring anything without a prop on mainline property! You don't have to pay anymoreYES, THEY DO!!! WRONG ATTITUDE FOR IMPROVING OUR PROFESSION just to get a mainline seniority #., but we all want one list!

I never said you "owe" mainline guys for your job, I said there are more regional jobs because of mainline decisions.

Last edited:
Correct, poor past decisions, nevertheless these pilots are still the reason you have a job. quote]

Come on......MJ42. I am not in debt to the NWA pilot group for my job. That is just crazy talk!

Yes, you are. Just like I am in debt to the guys who came before me. When guys start to realize this then this profession will begin to improve. Don't get this confused with my post above.

Last edited:
I never said you "owe" mainline guys for your job, I said there are more regional jobs because of mainline decisions.

I should of said initially get one list (family scope). Once the cows are coraled then pay can be worked on, but nothing can get done when the cows are grazing outside of the fence.

I think that all the regionals who have contracts with Delta and Northwest, their contracts will be honered until they expire. At that point Delta will either sign a new contract with less 50 seaters, or get rid of them. The wholy owneds (mesaba compass comair) will probably be adjusted as Delta wants them, maybe bought off by other regionals who knows? This is going to take a long time to sort out, its not just going to happen overnight. Slowly, we will sadly see the Red Tail fade away, and for a person who has lived in a NWA base their whole life, I have to say thats kind of sad.

I should of said initially get one list (family scope). Once the cows are coraled then pay can be worked on, but nothing can get done when the cows are grazing outside of the fence.

Yes. ALPA MEC's must WORK TOGETHER, to protect all of our jobs TOGETHER. This is simple stuff, but it seems it is too simple for many pilots to understand:

Unity is strength. This is not just a slogan, but an absolute truth.

Airline managements are extremely proficient experts at another simple war strategy: Divide and conquer.

Latest resources

Back