Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me

DUDE! Do you want me to send you overnight a nortorized copy of my my FAA COMMERCIAL SEL/MEL Instrument and my CFI ticket to prove to you! Serious things took place on my CFI rides (To many and not going into detail). I did not have to go through a 709 ride but came close and it was investigated by FAA.

So you have a violation or letter on your record? A busted CFI ride is not a big deal at all. Here is how this should sound at a interview,

Interviewer: "Do you have any busted check rides"
You: "Yes, the initial CFI check ride"
Interviewer: "What happened"
You: "I could have been better prepared in the XXX subject area, I did some retraining with my instructor and passed"

Are you familiar with AviaionInterviews.com? Are you using the site to study for your interviews?

Last edited:
My FAA REC

All statements made on this posting are true and correct under the state of CA
law. I have no ACCIDENTS, INCIDENTS and no violations. However, I had issues with obtaining said CFI certificate and MEL Comm add-on. As Mr. Shake pointed out a specific format yes I am familiar and have used such tactic. Furthermore, I am aware of and do use www.aviationinterviews.com not too mention considering spending more money to Cage Consulting.

I believe that I am going into Bob's office tomorrow to push for a mandatory psych-eval for new hires after reading these last few pages.

Maybe the guy was flying his space shuttle a little too long???:erm:

754, please, for your own sake, just give it up and go weird out another thread. I truly think you would have run out of the crew room crying after about 10 minutes. These guys are brutal. Jen did you a huge favor (but don't call her at midnight to thank her).

What have I done wrong?

Pilot754 – first of all, sorry about not being able to get hired with the many different airlines, I mean it!

HOWEVER, I’ve read your posts several times and must say I’m not that surprised you’ve been turned down so many times.

How would you know that I called the CP on her cell?

Hmm, well you seem to be forgetting it’s a very small airline (<100 pilots!) so yes, you could say everyone is talking about you (and everyone else for that matter, trust me on that one! ;))

I have freedom of speech rights.

Huh? Of course you do but that’s really not the issue here. After all, if you are going to pick that route why should we even have captains and first officers? Shouldn’t we just have a vote in the cockpit when we lose an engine and see what the “majority” decides?

I agree with 10early 100% ! You’d never survive the crew room atmosphere.

As far as Jen canceling your interview, I don’t blame her at all. Jen is highly respected at Corpex and I’ve known her personally for many years. She’s very patient and will give you the benefit of the doubt but ultimately there are limits to her patience too and frankly you overstepped your boundaries some time ago. Please don’t get defensive; instead learn from this experience, move on and do well somewhere else - and I believe you can and that you will.

The difference between Jen and most other CP’s and/or recruiters is that she was honest with you and told you why you were not going to be interviewed. Many others would’ve interviewed you and then just turn you down without any explanation. So at least you can learn from this.

When airlines hire pilots, most of them are looking for aviators who’re knowledgeable, competent and of course who fly well. They’re also looking for regular guys & gals who’re easy to work with and are enjoyable to be around.

“Personally I have done nothing wrong! If anyone has had to pay their share of DUES I HAVE DONE THE MOST!”

Well, I’d have to disagree. One could argue that with 1,400 of total time, you haven’t even pulled out your check book yet, much less “paid your dues!”

I don’t know you at all and my knowledge of you is based entirely on your flightinfo messages. If I were to guess why at least some of the airlines turned you down I’d say:

1 You seem to blame others for your check-ride failures,
2 Your messages reek of some kind of morbid self-deprecation syndrome, and
3 Your spelling &/or grammar isn’t helping either.

- The biggest issue I have is your goofy way of explaining the CFI check-ride. At one point you’re being asked if you have any serious skeletons in your closet – your reply is “All statements made on this posting are true and correct under the state of CA law.”

It’s your way of saying “I used drugs but I didn’t inhale!” C’mon dude, pilot recruiters like straight answers; leave this “legalese” BS-talk for the attorneys, will you? I used to do a little recruiting in the past and the stories we’d hear every now and then would amaze you. Obviously you had some issues with your CFI and I believe your ME check-ride.

Well, whoopsie-doo! Thousands of pilots have busted their check-rides, some failed their training, some had to repeat simulator sessions, others had to retake their oral check-rides, you name it. Heck, some even had to complete the 609/709 ride, as you sort of imply you were supposed to do but didn’t … even though “…it was investigated by FAA.”

First of all, you are either stupid for letting everyone in the whole world know about it, or you’re just very gullible. And I chose to believe the latter. Look, it’s a vicious world out there and you’re about to enter it. Don’t share all the details of your professional life with people you don’t know because it might alert others “there might be something wrong with you.” Remember that when you compete for pilot positions this information can and will be used against you by any individual looking for the same position you’re applying for.

“In all honest I had a GOD like figure (Examiner on my CFI ride) non-FSDO was a DPE. Who conducted it against the FAA plan of action and not following PTS. Along with much more.”

If you try this type of explanation on any recruiter, you’re asking to be turned down. Personally, I don’t think I’d even ask you any further questions had you given me this BS story. I mean, what do you expect from a recruiter after such an explanation?

“Sir/M’am, we are so sorry this happened to you; would you like a Prozac and a group-hug???”

C’mon dude, get real, STOP being weird - it scares recruiters! They want NORMAL! You do realize you’ll be sharing a cockpit with another pilot three or four days in a row, right? Well, recruiters realize that too!

How about, “well, I showed up for my CFI check-ride and wasn’t quite as ready as I thought I was and failed the flying portion of my check-ride. I had some additional training and passed my check-ride on the second trial. It was a very humbling experience however I actually learned that you can never over-prepare for a check-ride. Also..."

Btw, your examiner probably was a jerk and you probably did get screwed somehow – but you know what? The reality is - we don’t care! We just want to make sure you’re a safe pilot and one others enjoy being around – very simple.

- Here’s something else. Why the heck would you want the entire world to know you were shut down at all those airlines? Why don’t you just dye your hair bright red and tattoo a large letter “L” on your forehead? Basically you’ve “advertised” to the entire world that there’s something seriously wrong with you!

Why? Well, you’ve been turned down by so many different airlines by now, and the worst part is that some of those airlines are not necessarily known for being very “picky.” So my advice to you is to be honest; however there’s no need to volunteer any extra information unless specifically asked. Flightinfo certainly does not qualify into the “specifically asked” category!

- Also, you seem to struggle a little with spelling and with grammar and unfortunately it’s possible that it showed on some of the applications you filled out in the past. Did you apply with “Pinnicle Airlines” for example? Many pilots have trouble with spelling and with grammar, I’m one of them.

Also, quite a few have dyslexia and based on a few letters you’ve left out here and there, I suspect you either have a mild form of it yourself, or English is not your native tongue. Either way, normally it’s not that big of a deal because we all use spell-checker and also ask our friends and relatives to review all application forms before we submit them. Why do airlines care? Well, it’s the attention to detail thing. So next time check all the forms 4 or 5 times before you send them in...

Last edited:
I apologize my long dissertation here, but I do feel sorry for you and I do want you to succeed in your future endeavors - and eventually you will.

So to recap, my suggestions to you would be:

1) Don’t advertise your faults to the entire world – think of other pilots out there as your potential competition.

2) Don’t advertise to the world when & where your next interview will be! As a matter of fact, if I were you, I’d reschedule your March 1 interview; I can almost guarantee the Big Sky HR folks are looking forward to this “spectacle” based on your flightinfo “diary.”

“…I am going March 1 to Billings, MT for Big Sky. Also have an invite to Sky West finialy. Now I wait on Skywest, AWC, Republic Holding Inc, Skyway, and couple other 121's and now I am eligible to reapply at some of the first few I listed above…”

3) Pay attention to spelling and grammar; use spell-checker, ask your friends and family members to proof-read your applications, use any tools available to you.

4) Use an interview prep service yesterday! Cheryl Cage does an outstanding job; don’t wait - try it months and not just days prior to your next interview.

5) Thank Jen for being honest with you – she did the right thing and I would’ve done the very same. You set yourself up for a failure on this one. No big deal, don’t repeat those mistakes again and I’m sure you’ll be able to move on and succeed in the future.

Good luck to you!

I believe that I am going into Bob's office tomorrow to push for a mandatory psych-eval for new hires after reading these last few pages.

Agree! Also, maybe the eval. should be given to some well-off pilots why happen to fly Jetstreams "for fun only." Still can’t believe those statements came from a Regions pilot?

Hey AV80R....Nice to have you back!
No, thank you!

Last edited:
Hey AV80R....Nice to have you back!
No, thank you!

Anything I can do to help a ex reject like myself I am all for. Your not the first Regions pilot I have helped and you will not be the last. After all, what gos around comes around and its a small business. I think some good may have come around my way yesterday.... I'll keep everyone posted.

Hey Belch did you get the save the date card yet?

Last edited:
Something good came your way? Hope it's got to do with bigger equipment &/0r pay? Like my new signature? LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back