• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's Mac Hodges B-29... He lives down in Americus, Ga.. That building they show in the first few minutes is his own hobby shop, behind his house.. :) They have a rockin flyin for r/c stuff down there all the time called SEFF...

Awww come on dude! Do I even have to remind you that I'm working on a hamster powered UNIVAC Model 001? And besides, the vaccum tube related to my PDF reading capability burned out. Anyone have a spare? In the mean time, can you summarize thew article or cut and paste?

WhateverUwant, U bent een hulpmiddel. - Dutch
WhateverUwant, Vous êtes un outil. - French
WhateverUwant, Sie sind ein Werkzeug. - German
WhateverUwant, Είστε ένα εργαλείο. - Greek
WhateverUwant, Siete un attrezzo. - Italian
WhateverUwant, Você é uma ferramenta. - Portuguese
WhateverUwant, Вы будете инструментом. - Russian
WhateverUwant, Usted es una herramienta. - Spanish
WhateverUwant, You are a tool. - English

Tram – sometimes you can’t translate words verbatim – if you do it won’t make any sense. You just told Whateveruwant in Russian that he (I think it's a he?) is an instrument. In Dutch that he is a helping-device/tool, and in German that he is a plain tool which has no negative connotation whatsoever. You might as well call him a screwdriver, it’ll make about as much sense as calling him a tool. Doesn’t quite mean the same thing does it :) It’s like saying “what’s up!” - in many countries you’ll see people look up when you say it ;)

Why do I bring it up? I'm bored, that’s all!

- до свидания

United States Senate

Washington, DC20510-1504

February 27, 2007

The Honorable Mary Peters
Secretary
U.S. Department of Transportation
400 Seventh Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C.20590

Dear Secretary Peters:

I am writing to you regarding the Department's Essential Air Service (EAS) Program and Regions Air service in Illinois. Quincy, Marion, and Decatur are three EAS communities in Illinois that are currently served by Regions Air flights to St. Louis. The EAS program is vital to these cities that arefar from a medium orlarge hub airport and would otherwise be without air service.

Regions has a code-share relationship with American Airlines, which allows passengers to seamlessly book travel on flights to and through American's regional hub at Lambert International Airport in St. Louis through American Connection. Regions receives over $3.5 million per yea in EAS subsidies as part of the two-year contracts with the U.S. DOT.

In the last three months, Regions has failed to adequately fulfill its contracts to operate these flights. Flight cancellation figures for November, December, and January were 15.6 percent, 27 percent, and 15.5 percent, respectively. In contrast, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, the average percentage of flights canceled in the domestic passenger market was 1.71 for all of 2006. Regions' poor service record and large number of cancellations deter travelers from flying into or out of Quincy, Marion, Decatur, and Springfield which has a detrimental effect on the local economies. In addition, this deficient service is the primary factor for Quincy's inability to meet the important 10,000 passenger threshold, which qualifies QuincyRegionalAirport for a $1 million Federal Aviation Administration grant.

Regions' Illinois EAS contracts in Marion and Quincy areset to expire in May and July, respectively. While Regions has the opportunity to re-apply for these contracts, respectfully request that you give strong consideration to other airlines’ applications. The people in the Quincy, Marion, Decatur, and Springfield (a non-EAS community) areas rely on and are entitled to efficient and dependable air service, which, unfortunately, Regions has failed to provide.

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to working with you to improve air service to underserved areas in Illinois and around the nation.

Sincerely,
Richard J. Durbin

Last edited:
Tram,
He didn't write the letter all he did was post it.

AV8OR - до свидания ? Before the meeting? :)

Way2Broke - WhateverUwant being a tool has zero to do with the posting of the letter, it has more to do I'm sure with the lack of affection their parents gave them as a child.. Mommy just didn't hug them enough..

I have been informed by JEN N. the Cheif Pilot at Regions Air. That my interview will NOT be rescheduled after the cancelation we had last week (FEB 14/14) due to snow weather issues. The reason was due to the fact that I posted a copy of the letter inviting me to the interview in first place. That she feels that I would not be a good fit into the company. I did not feel as it would cause any problems. Though, I guess this time my foot got shot. Oh well life goes on and I have other 121 and 135 options ahead. Maybe this is a Blessing in Disguise!

Take Care: Comments send to [email protected]

First of all, you shouldn't use names on this board. Yeah, most of the people here in this thread have known the CP at Regex and think well of her-and wish her well in some other endeavors but you just shouldn't use names here-it's bad form.

You probably don't have the depth of experience to realize that getting shot in the foot by regions is the best thing that ever happened to your career. It is my most humble opinion that you deserved the place though. Most of the people posting here don't though.

I have to agree with the one that recommended Gulfstream to you. Your skin is far to thin to survive in any of the crew rooms I have skulked, slithered stomped, screamed and hurled insults in...

Nerf gliders might work out well too!

Boohahahahahaha!

Hey yeah Shake, I got the card! I ain't never had free beer in Knoxville!

Sweet! And yeah, thank you!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back