Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm highly offended...

Y'all not helping here funny guys.Belch - off the subject - are you using skype when on the road or do you have a cellphone with an international plan? If so - which provider & how much?

Last edited:
Y'all not helping here funny guys.Belch - of the subject - are you using skype when on the road or do you have a cellphone with an international plan?

No, maybe not, but we're still funny ;)...

The last thing I want is an international cell phone!!! If I could get away without it I wouldn't have a cell phone at all.

I had heard some strange things about skype-that it can try to use your computer as some kind of node if you are online and know a guy that downloaded it and it really slowed his laptop down.

Later I flew with a guy that used Yahoo voice and he let me make a call home with it. Price per minute is about the same so I went with it and so far really like it.

Downloaded MSN Messenger (I believe they also have a voip system) and it just about doubled the startup time for my computer-I don't know if it was conflicting with Yahoo or Norton or what but I got it off the start menu and things are fine now.

Further astray... Man, I saw a pic of your new 744-F on the ramp at KPAE...Gad she's purdy!

Last edited:
Computer node???

No, maybe not, but we're still funny ...

I guess...

The last thing I want is an international cell phone!!! If I could get away without it I wouldn't have a cell phone at all.

The reason I mentioned a cell phone is someone told me about getting a phone where you can replace a "chip" (not sure which chip though and how to replace it?) so you can make phone calls from your regular cell phone while you're overseas. I am still trying to find out more about that. Also, supposedly there's a cell phone coming out which will have Skype built into it. So if you're for example at Starbucks in Singapore and have wireless connection, you’ll be able to call anyone in the US for 1¢ or 2¢ a minute (if you call their cell phones; if you call ‘their computers’ – it’s free).

I had heard some strange things about skype-that it can try to use your computer as some kind of node if you are online and know a guy that downloaded it and it really slowed his laptop down.

Computer node? What the heck is that? That's the first I've heard.

Later I flew with a guy that used Yahoo voice and he let me make a call home with it. Price per minute is about the same so I went with it and so far really like it.

Yeah, Google Talk has a similar system; I was just looking into something where you can make a call without tagging along your laptop everywhere you go.

Further astray... Man, I saw a pic of your new 744-F on the ramp at KPAE...Gad she's purdy!

Sure is, we keep hearing rumors about more orders but who knows? The A380 replacement still hasn't been announced. They say it'll be either 777 or 747-400s, either way it'd be great. I love airplanes that keep their rudders intact. ;)

Btw. did y'all see the thread on the guy who tried to interview at Corpex and called the CP at home in the middle of the night? Looks like he resigned from PSA...Actually kind of feel sorry for the guy…Looks like he got some serious issues with his life…

Belch.... they are extending a runway at YIP to get your 747s in here.... were going to be neighbors soon.... arn't you excited...... hahahahaha

Av8or-I know that my frined that lives in VHHH can change "cards" in his phone. Japan and Korea have their own weird protocalls for cellphones...I don't know if you can get a phone in the US that you can do that with. Verizon is introducing some kind of international phone, but I don't want one. If I need one the company will issue it!

Node=central link of some sort-I'm not sure how it works...

Way2Broke-huh, interesting but I doubt I will move to Yipsitucky! Too fracking much winter for one thing! Besides, international has some interesting rest rules if you get back to your "base". I can't imagine what it is really for, maybe there is demand for that much heavy lift there but I kind of doubt it. Course we could haul a lot of car parts at once!

Not saying that they would make you move here, just that they might move mx here. Thats the idea that I heard anyways.

Av8or-I know that my frined that lives in VHHH can change "cards" in his phone. Japan and Korea have their own weird protocalls for cellphones...I don't know if you can get a phone in the US that you can do that with. Verizon is introducing some kind of international phone, but I don't want one. If I need one the company will issue it!

Node=central link of some sort-I'm not sure how it works...

Way2Broke-huh, interesting but I doubt I will move to Yipsitucky! Too fracking much winter for one thing! Besides, international has some interesting rest rules if you get back to your "base". I can't imagine what it is really for, maybe there is demand for that much heavy lift there but I kind of doubt it. Course we could haul a lot of car parts at once!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back