Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Piky! piky!

Riddle me this young Jedi:

Pretend your in Hawaii for Christmas, on the big island in Kona. Your staying at a 5 Star resort, you have a company paid Jeep to drive around in, you hike the volcano park, snorkel in the bay, and eat sushi everynight.

Is this possible on an RJ?

Riddle me this young Jedi:

Pretend your in Hawaii for Christmas, on the big island in Kona. Your staying at a 5 Star resort, you have a company paid Jeep to drive around in, you hike the volcano park, snorkel in the bay, and eat sushi everynight.

Is this possible on an RJ?

News Years Eve at the FBO...I have nothing better to do than be spelling police. It's "you're" in Hawaii, not "your" in Hawaii.
I don't get to Hawaii in the 400. But I did get to spend a day in Imperial, California!
Grab me some sugarcane next time "you're" in Hawaii will ya? I love that stuff.

News Years Eve at the FBO...I have nothing better to do than be spelling police. It's "you're" in Hawaii, not "your" in Hawaii.
I don't get to Hawaii in the 400. But I did get to spend a day in Imperial, California!
Grab me some sugarcane next time "you're" in Hawaii will ya? I love that stuff.
Chretin's Mexican Food
Dude. Get a crew car and get over to Chretins's in Yuma!

Last edited:
Well, here's my .02. I just took a look at Republic's airline's pay scale. I wouldn't hesitate in a second to move to NJA. I've been here almost 7 years. I'm a CPT in the XL and will easily clear $100,000 this year, not including our bonus. With per diem and extras, I figure about $120,000. AND that doesn't include the 401k match of tax free $7500 per year AND free medical, dental, vision AND 3 weeks of vacation which is really 9 weeks. I like the 7 and 7. Doing FA duties is a non issue really. The FO usually takes care of the cabin cleaning (he can pay a lineman to do it and get reimbursed, or do it himself), and the CPT normally takes care of the exterior stuff like getting fuel, ordering a lav service, getting weather, greeting pax. Both will normally load and unload bags. But there is usually a lineman to help.. a little. You get used to doing that stuff and get fast at it.
My original plan was to be at a major airline 5 years after I left the Army. But things have changed.. I'm staying put at NJA. Could things be better here.. yes.. there are some issues to be looked at now and during the next bargaining sessions. But I think it's a no brainer.

Hvaing made the move from a regional captain to NJA, I think NJA is a far better place to be. Besides the better pay, benefits and schedule, I find the flying a lot more interesting and I prefer the more personal interaction with the people in the back, especially after you fly the same people a few times.

You should re post your question on the regional board to get some different opinions. If they sound similair to those on the frac board than you have a clear answer.

these regionals to frac threads make me sick! Netjets and CS ( I know FLOPS eats b a l l z, dont have any info to say on FLEX ) are far better choice than any regional out there.

Latest resources

Back