Regional vs. Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been at NJA for almost 10 years. I flown with dozens
(and met dozens more) former commuter / regional pukes.

To the man, (and woman) every single one of them is glad they made the switch.

On the jumpseating thing....

Polar/Atlas maintain an open 135 policy...if your 135 you can hitch a ride...anybody from a fractional try that?

I havent had a chance to try it yet but I did speak to their jumpseat desk to verify that they would let us ride. They were more than accomodating. Hopefully ill get a chance to try it one of these days...

I used to work at Polar and we would take guys from Netjets. You have to give a little notice so Polar can call Columbus to verify employment because of the no cockpit door thing.

I was on the -400 and flew with 3 f/o's and 1 captain so there was always plenty of seats and catering for riders.

Thanks for that insight...I had a friend that did HKG and had a great time on Polar!

That is really nice to know...at least you could do something with your 7 days off besides sit at home :p

Screw the regionals!

I've been there, done that. Commuting twice a week. Sleeping in the crew lounge, or car. $40,000/year at year 3 fo and no hope for upgrade. You got a job in 6 months? Who knows. Feeling lucky to have enough time to eat at Burger King. NO THANKS!!! I will NEVER go back to the airlines. NEVER!!!

NJA is better by far. You know you will have a job in 5 years. decent hotels. No commuting. crew food + per diem. upgrade possibilities. decent pay. clean planes. 7&7 schedule. The most important point of all: you might get to fly with me.

NJA is the way to go

Ditto!!!

With The Way The Airlines Have And Continue To Treat Regionals And Majors For That Matter, I Would Not Hesitate To Jump Ship. I Did. I Was With A Regional And Went Back And Forth For Years (almost A Decade). The Only Wish I Have Is That I Had Left Years Ago. I Did A Lot Of Research And Suggest You Do To. If You Find It Is What You Want Then You Will Never Regret It. I Am Still Just Getting Started At NJA, But Have Yet To See A Down Side. I Plan To Stay Until I Loose My Medical Or Die, Whichever Comes First (obviously).

Latest resources

Back