Regional vs. Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simple:

Look at the regional/majors board. Everybody is whoring themselves out for whatever major will let them do their flying. Comair wants this, mesa wants that, asa underbid this. 600 TT do i have a chance? threads.

The majors are trying to figure out who's going to furlough/recall/or post a profit. All through 9/11 i never once worried about my job. Not even for a second. How do you like that stability?

Fractionals? All you see is who has the better QOL and union stuff. No worries about x stealing y's flying. Pretty simple stuff.

I don't have any analogy that would fit. Other than compare diamonds to cubic zarconias. They are both pretty but only one is worth anything.

I almost made as much my first year at NJA as I did in year 6 at Mesaba as a CA. If one factors in the improved quality of life, med benies, 401k, etc......you'd be a fool to be at a regional.

A junior (5yr) CA at NJA will make more than a maxed out CA at Eagle, Skywest, ExpressJet, and on and on and on.

Guys, one of the main reasons that the regional life sux so bad is that there THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of frosty haired, iPod wearin, backpack tote'n Daddy dreams dying to do it "just to build some time". Having all that supply of pilots put a downward pressure on pay an quality of life for the regional pilots.

My point is I'm not sure we want to be advertising how great it is here. Let 'em stay and fly for free over there.

Latest resources

Back