Reality Check for NetJets Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
netjetwife said:
That makes me so angry that I didn't even finish reading your post. My husband would never have bragged on himself. He is coming off of tour today and isn't even here. Am I too articulate for you? Able to defend my position too well? I want the truth known about this company that is owned by a BILLIONAIRE and is hurting families by exploiting its pilots!
You're obviously not articulate enough to answer a very legitimate and basic question. You also are obviously not able to defend your position either. Since you can't seem to be able to read as well... I will repost my question:

One question... and one only:

Did your husband do his research and bring ALL of this up BEFORE he interviewed and BEFORE he accepted employment at NetJets? Sounds like he isn't made up of what it takes for that type of flying... regardless of the pay. After all, I'm sure he knew what fractional flying entailed... right. He did check on the salary... and was told 28K....right?

Les Paul

Net Wife, Sorry, but your husband is a bit on the slow side to turn down FedEx. If I were you, every morning he is home, I would slap him in the head with something big and blunt because FedEx is great and BOXES DO NOT BITCH or DRINK or HAVE SHIXXY LITTLE SNOB KIDDS.

Next, you are not living in the dream land of the military anymore. IT IS OVER. DFC, rightly awarded I am sure, don't DXXK. I got one too.

Navy Wings are made of Gold, his are lead. (Sorry, could not resist.)

netjetwife said:
Heavyset, He turned down FedEX, and United to go to American. Fantastic resume/pilot---has DFC from Desert Storm. Turned down JetBlue for NetJets, Sure we have friends at all the places, but we need to stay in Colorado Springs for family reasons, and commute is a pain. Took NJs based on theory that could live anywhere we want....RCA messing that up for everyone. Also believed in the business principal and likes the challenge of helping build the business, which IS going to be very big....10 times now...according to Buffet. He expected...REASONABLY SO....to be compensated for his contribution-- fairly. The fighter pilot in him wants to fight this battle. The family man in him will leave if we think the cause is lost--meaning if the POS TA were to pass. We can't imagine that and all indicators say it won't.

TURNED DOWN JETBLUE FOR NETJETS????

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Please tell me your just trying to get us revved up!

sorry wife,

While I do agree that your hubby deserves more pay, he took the job knowing what the pay is...... no? did they promise him more? in writing? a new contract around the corner? he believed it? I hate to think Yes.

And please, comparing his salary to the folks money in back is rediculous. Your husband is now a driver - that is all.

I hope for your families sake the future at NJA brings much more money. It is well deserved.

good luck

PS - turned down Jetblue and Fedex for Netjets? you're kidding, right? please...tell us your kidding?

Last edited:
Not a good situation. JetBlue would have been a better bet, but he might have had problems commuting from Colorado Springs... Tough call. My suggestion, have him locate all of his Air Force buddies flying at SWA and have him put out a distress call - SWA will be hiring for the next 10 years.... I am sympathetic to his situation - he needs to leverage his network NOW............

Thank you Gordon. The fight is just beginning, and there are many other wives as angry as I am. Believe me, several times I wonder if he did the right thing to turn down FedEX...and they left the door open in case he ever changed his mind. The problem was that they wanted him to be an instructor--something he had yrs of experience with in the AF--for 3 yrs and then go start flying the line..BEHIND the pilots he had trained. Stupid policy! He had wowed them w/his teaching demo.

Without ganging up on the little wife, it just seems to be a tough sell that someone would turn down FedEx or jetBlue for NJA.

Net Wife, sorry, but you are not going to get your grass roots movement going plying these waters. Time you hit the phones is it not?

Miss, in the real world of union activity it is 50 percent plus one vote. That is not 51 percent now is it? It is a simply majority or something like 50.00000000000001%.

Yes Dear, Reality SUX! Oh, By the way, who lied to who? Did the company pukes lie to you or did you lie to yourself?

FedEx is great. Boxes do not bitch.

By the way, Net Wife, I commend your efforts and wish you well, but me thinks, given your hubby nack for decision making post Miltary dream land, that you are polishing brass on the "Titantic" meaning the TA will pass by the most narrow of margins and your ship is going down but FAST!!!!

Bet hubby wishes he was hauling boxes that do not bitch with FedEx, huh?? "You might have a Stupid Sign" I just love the RED NECK FOXWORTHY STUFF!! Ain't he great?

"I could be wrong, that's just my opinion."

Latest resources

Back