Reality Check for NetJets Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Revenue Is There

Because we are talking about THE Wealthiest people in the world. Here's a good example. My husband flew a 13 yr old boy, travelling alone, to summer camp--loaded large trunk and lots of sports equipment--his parents paid $5000 -1 way!
My husband was paid $13 an hour during the 3hr trip. (could have been less or a little longer--sorry don't remember exact time) And you say there isn't enough revenue to pay NBAA average salaries!!!???

Last edited:
Why isn't he at SWA with his F16 buddies??????

netjetwife said:
Because we are talking about THE Wealthiest people in the world. Here's a good example. My husband flew a 13 yr old boy, travelling alone, to summer camp--loaded large trunk and lots of sports equipment--his parents paid $5000 -1 way!
My husband was paid $13 an hour during the 3hr trip. (could have been less or a little longer--sorry don't remember exact time) And you say there isn't enough revenue to pay NBAA average salaries!!!???
I suggest he put his applications into AirTran and JetBlue ASAP. Doesn't he have some ex F16 buddies flying for SWA (full of military and Space Shuttle jocks)? Have someone walk his stuff in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

netjetwife said:
My husband makes $28K a year and our son gets the "poor kid " lunch price at a public school. We know other FO families on WIC/food stamps. Last month, his Excel brought in $100K for the company. That is 1 plane in 1 month! During his flights alone. DO NOT try to tell me that my husband is paid a fair salary!
I will play your little game pretending that in fact you are just the angry housewife. But your post sure sounds like a NetJets pilot that is too big a wuss to post their own thoughts hence the Netjetwife beard.

One question... and one only:

Did your husband do his research and bring ALL of this up BEFORE he interviewed and BEFORE he accepted employment at NetJets? Sounds like he isn't made up of what it takes for that type of flying... regardless of the pay. After all, I'm sure he knew what fractional flying entailed... right. He did check on the salary... and was told 28K....right? I'm willing to bet he b!tches about the job after he gets the raise.

Me personally.... I wouldn't have accepted the job for $28K. My bare minimum would be $40-$50k as a new hire FO. And don't give me the he needed the money line. If he needed the money then, he needs the money now so why complain after the fact. He accepted employment, so live with it, try for a better REALISTIC pay raise... and zip it, or quit and find something that keeps his yapper happy. But to sit in the mud and crying over something he (and you?) agreed to solves nothing.

I'm still not buying the wife part, however.

Les Paul

Last edited:
More here than just the flying

Heavyset, He turned down FedEX, and United to go to American. Fantastic resume/pilot---has DFC from Desert Storm. Turned down JetBlue for NetJets, Sure we have friends at all the places, but we need to stay in Colorado Springs for family reasons, and commute is a pain. Took NJs based on theory that could live anywhere we want....RCA messing that up for everyone. Also believed in the business principal and likes the challenge of helping build the business, which IS going to be very big....10 times now...according to Buffet. He expected...REASONABLY SO....to be compensated for his contribution-- fairly. The fighter pilot in him wants to fight this battle. The family man in him will leave if we think the cause is lost--meaning if the POS TA were to pass. We can't imagine that and all indicators say it won't.

What A Jerk

That makes me so angry that I didn't even finish reading your post. My husband would never have bragged on himself. He is coming off of tour today and isn't even here. Am I too articulate for you? Able to defend my position too well? I want the truth known about this company that is owned by a BILLIONAIRE and is hurting families by exploiting its pilots!

Certainly Not

Gordon, he is a natural leader, a smart guy, and a hard worker. He thought the business had great potential---and was right. He actually enjoys the variety and challenge of the flying. And now that we are fighting for what is right and have been organizing the pilots and families, he will not leave them without helping defeat this insulting TA.

Retired O-6

I work in the cargo buisiness and love it. I have never meet a box that ever displayed an attitude or complained about the ride, approach or landing.

netjetwife said:
Gordon, he is a natural leader, a smart guy, and a hard worker. He thought the business had great potential---and was right. He actually enjoys the variety and challenge of the flying. And now that we are fighting for what is right and have been organizing the pilots and families, he will not leave them without helping defeat this insulting TA.
In that case, I applaud him (and you) for your information. My best wishes for your family.

Yes we have the O-5 retirement, which IS WHY he felt that he could take a gamble on an upcoming business, that SHOULD have been producing the good contract based on all the info available to pilots. The RESEARCH has proven true--NetJets is poised to make it big. Warren Buffet knows how to make money. It was entirely reasonable to think that the salary would have changed to reflect the company's place in the market---75% Had the pilots had decent leadership, we'd be celebrating a win/win contract now instead of fighting against the MEC that was totally incompetent and spineless.

Latest resources

Back