Reality Check for NetJets Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJAowner said:
The New York Rangers play 44 games at home (41 regular season, 3 preseason). Overtime for the playoffs....
SenorSpeilbergo said:
"Ohhh, I wanna drive the Zamboni...."
Just don't hold out for driving it at a Rangers playoffs game. You may never get the chance!

gunfyter said:
Send me your resume... I will walk it in to Derinda and put in a good word for you with the Chief Pilot. I hate to see you suffer any longer on poor pay, bad hotels, and having to file your own flight releases.

Okay Gun, you walk in his resume but also have him write himself a letter of rec detailing what a hard worker he is; I'll sign it.

I can't stand seeing someone who has it as hard as he. Anyone else who can write a letter? We gotta get this fella hired. He shouldn't have to file his own flight plans.

Surely Snake and Griz could see it in their hearts to make an exception with respect to applying while this TA is still floating .

Will our new health insurance cover mental illness? Anyone??

I will walk your resume' in PERSONALLY and do whatever it takes to get you hired here. You are ABSOLUTELY MADE for this job and I think you need to get your ass over here and start working YESTERDAY !!! Filing your own flight plans....PHEWWWY.... COME ON OVER !!!

Snakeplt said:
Filing your own flight plans....PHEWWWY.... COME ON OVER !!!

But, look how spring loaded he'll be for the next time Intelijunk crashes. He won't have to wait for the page, his flight plan will already be filed.

Wow Les Paul. Is it CO, AA, or.....let me guess, UAL??? Please tell, b/c if it is UAL, I would love to know where you will go to DEMAND superior pay when your airline folds.

I've flown with guys like you before. You still think you're in the military. You think that because you flew in the military, that you DESERVE your job at the airline. The guys that have flown to my right AND left over the years with military backgrounds - with attitudes/egos like yours, are usually very BAD airline pilots. (Pay attention to the attitudes/egos part folks, not all military.)
I think everyone here can assume for themselves where you fall. You are a well rounded embarrassment to my profession.

As far as you Netjets folks go.....good luck. Don't know if you will get everything you're asking for, but I hope that you get something. In all honesty, i hope that your husband is somewhat happy just to have a flying job at all. There are many very good, qualified pilots out there furloughed that are hoping for an opportunity just to fly again...period. Your husband should be collecting more money, but atleast he's current. Good luck.

Thank you DBC, for recognizing that all former military pilots are NOT alike and for your support. Yes, my husband is happy to be flying, but cannot continue to do so at these wages (present and TA) and justify the sacrifices made for the job. If the contract at NJA makes it worth it--good, he gets to do a job he enjoys. If not--he either flies elsewhere for more, or uses other skills and is home every night. There IS potential at NJA and the fight IS worth it. Getting 116 FOs bypass pay because of a show of solidarity by the pilots AND their wives, proves that the will to improve the conditions there DOES exist and is bearing fruit. NJW

NJW- What is the current state of the negotiations there? I have many friends that began flying at Netjets four or five years ago. They got in during the hiring boom and all upgraded within a year with the company. I've never heard anything but good things from them. The last I heard from one of them was in early summer, he said that the new contract should be ratified by now.....has the company walked away from the table??

Latest resources

Back