Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ramped by 2 airport cops and 2 sheriffs. . .Accused me of a Felony!!!! No Kidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL420 said:
SKYLAWYER, Metro752 does have a point about using paragraphs to make your post more readable. Unfortunately, his point was completely overshadowed by his extremely rude and obnoxious post.

I appreciated your input.

I am going to go back on my promise from above to apologize. You are correct and I hate reading posts like mine but I was typing everything from my blackberry and it looks so different because the screen is small. Now that I'm home it looks awfull on my PC. I'll correct it. Metro72 if it makes you feel better you can read my profile and see I went the regional route for a while. I am a fellow aviator at heart. There are a ton of crap lawyers and they give some of the better ones a bad reputation. I understand your frustration.

While the FAA may have been trained in dealing with violations, Local and federal LEO's do not. There have been too many times that the pilot has been perfectly legal and has been cited and the aircraft impounded the LEO's. An FAA Inspector has to have almost a year of training and a supervisor's approval before being authorized to file a violation. The amount of training a LEO gets? You got it! ZERO!

If you find yourself in this situation do the same thing you would do if talking with the FAA. Write down everything in a Memo for Record. LEO's do it and FAA Inspectors do it. Be right up front about it and do it in front of them. Names, ID numbers, ranks, department names, times, dates, what was said, etc. At the end put down your thoughts and feelings and so on. If they know you are doing it, they tend to tread more carefully. It shows you are a professional and are acing in a professional manner. While they might not like it, there is not much they can do about it.

LJDRVR said:
You youngsters who think you can pull some sort of "I know what my rights are" act with the police may get your asses kicked in the process. (Literally)
You can chose to believe you know a thing or two about the constitution, but when you find yourself interacting with somebody who can deprive you of your liberty and beat you senseless in the process, here's some advice:
  • Stand with a respectful posture
  • Be unfailingly polite (Yes Sir, No Sir)
  • Avoid rapid movement or hand gestures
  • Cooperate earnestly until arrested, then STFU and exercise your right to remain silent, no matter how much you believe "cooperating" with your captors may result in your release. Get a lawyer.

Baa
Baa
Baa

Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees!

FN FAL said:
I notice you and skylawyer have similar problems with spelling errors and post amazingly one right after the other. In fact, skylawyer gave you accolades on your posts, which I thought was quite nice of him. Maybe you are him and he is you and I am the egg man, I am the walrus...coo coo ka joo!

Dude, you really need to chill out. You talk a bunch of mumbo jumbo that noone else gets.

What are you--the spelling police? Are you gonna lock me (and skylawyer) up because I (we) misspelled a word or two (according to you)? Give me a break!

For the record, this is just some silly forum, not anything important. So if my finger hits the wrong key and a word gets misspelled, BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. Live with it! Find someone else's thread to hijack, 'cause I dont really care to hear your mumbojumbo and I don't think anyone else does either. And again, I could care less if I misspell something on here. :)

I just started flying a Grumman AA-1B that a non-pilot friend of mine owns. I started taking care of this plane the first of this month. I had to update the registration and get it annualed and elt and transponder checked.

Back to the original post;

I'm wondering if there's a bit more to the story about a "non-pilot" owning this aircraft, and if that's why you got hassled to begin with. Is there someone at this airport unhappy that your friend owns the Grumman? Perhaps they tried to purchase it? That would certainly answer the question of how you got on a "watch list" of some sort. Somebody with issues dropped a dime on you.

Vector4fun said:
Back to the original post;

I'm wondering if there's a bit more to the story about a "non-pilot" owning this aircraft, and if that's why you got hassled to begin with. Is there someone at this airport unhappy that your friend owns the Grumman? Perhaps they tried to purchase it? That would certainly answer the question of how you got on a "watch list" of some sort. Somebody with issues dropped a dime on you.

After talking with my POI, I am pretty sure that that this did come down from the FAA.

Very interesting. It does sound like the feds are cracking down with the new reg. thing. Cannot see how it would be a felony but who knows. Had I been in the situation I would have only given them my license as per the FARS thats all a leo can ask for. I know there are state statues which really dont make any sense to me to have them as its like having double laws for everything. How would someone possibly expect us to know the laws for every state, isnt that the reason why we have the FARS?? Its funny as I was viewing the oregon state aviation statues after reading your post and there is actually something in there about not photographing military bases from an airplane. Can't understand how this could hold any validity, is that not against our rights?

LJDRVR said:
FN FAL = Cut and paste barracks lawyer, and totally owned by SKYLAWYER.

What a total dork, Do you really think those community college peace officer courses you're taking constitute a legal education? Man, sometimes I enjoy your posts in a surreal sort of fanciful way, but now you're just fodder for the idiot cannon. (In other words, I'm not laughing with you.:rolleyes: )

You youngsters who think you can pull some sort of "I know what my rights are" act with the police may get your asses kicked in the process. (Literally)
You can chose to believe you know a thing or two about the constitution, but when you find yourself interacting with somebody who can deprive you of your liberty and beat you senseless in the process, here's some advice:

• Stand with a respectful posture
  • Be unfailingly polite (Yes Sir, No Sir)
  • Avoid rapid movement or hand gestures
  • Cooperate earnestly until arrested, then STFU and exercise your right to remain silent, no matter how much you believe "cooperating" with your captors may result in your release. Get a lawyer.

You're an idiot. Skylawyer is a fake and you drank the coolaide.

Latest resources

Back