• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight Pay Scale Increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The stop sign is for "stop and think about what you are doing before you go there" $90 a day is dog crap. It should be at least $100 a day. Big Dog is always getting on here and trying to sell people on Ram. It is just another check hauler that pays dirt. No different that any other check hauler. And their maintenence is far from "top notch". LOL. That was just an all out lie. There is a reason they offer bonuses, they can't pay people enough to stay there 6+ months. That is the truth of the matter. I stayed for my two grand and cut out a week after I got the check.

And T-Storm Chaser is just another ex-Package pilot that has a hard time admitting he got sold out by the man. So he dumps on Ram every chance he gets and twice on Sunday.

"ops check normal" "we couldnt simulate the problem" "just fly it back I'm sure it will be fine" "the oil is supposed to leak a little bit" "just finish the run with the gear down"

I'm sorry, but did any of you idiots actually work at Ram? I seriously doubt it based on your ignorant ramblings. And if you actually believe that your job as gear b1tch in the barbie jet is that much better then you are even stupider than I thought. Enjoy your 5 year upgrade while getting paid half of what you should be making.

Arguing that regional pilots are making half of what they deserve is rich entertainment from someone defending a freight hauler that just UPPED their rates to $90 a day.

Before you get all defensive... day runs are good and RAM air has quick upgrades and generally happy pilots, but let's not get ridiculous about underpaid pilots since 2001 has come, gone, and changed everything everywhere.

Trogdor said:
For anyone thinking of going:

Ram is an excellent company to work for. Maintenance is top notch. Good schedules for the most part. If I could do it over again, I would have stayed there instead of leaving for a regional job.

Why would you have stayed? Just curious, I flew at a similar 135 piston freight company but piston time is only worth so much. If you want to advance your career you will eventually need to start flying turbines. Some freight companies with turbine/jet aircraft will allow that but piston-only companies will not.

coltsfn8888 said:
"ops check normal" "we couldnt simulate the problem" "just fly it back I'm sure it will be fine" "the oil is supposed to leak a little bit" "just finish the run with the gear down"

The oil IS supposed to leak a little bit where I tow banners. Problem is that we do not have cowlings. Just one of those "eye brow" things around the engine to aid in cooling but guess where the oil goes. All over the freakin wind screen. We keep a bucket of soap water at the fuel farm which is neccesary to use at every refueling to wash all the oil off the screen. Give me a job that pays more than 40-80 bucks a day in a plane WITH an electrical system and a cowling that I don't have to hand prop and I'm happy. I used to worry about every little tiny maintenance issue before I started this job but this is some real flying and I've learned a lot. I know it sounds crazy but I've learned that I don't even need an airspeed indicator anymore or really anything other than my oil pressure and temp guages (now before you sallies go running to call the FAA on me, we do have em all) As far as maintenance goes, ours is top notch. We even have a machine shop where we can fabricate new parts!:D

Now quit yer bitchin!! You all are in paradise as far as I'm concerned.

coltsfn8888 said:

Very true, very true.

Big Dog said:
And T-Storm Chaser is just another ex-Package pilot that has a hard time admitting he got sold out by the man. So he dumps on Ram every chance he gets and twice on Sunday.

And thats cause you lied to us. But hey, I gave RAM a fair shake. Glad I left though, I hear things got worse afterwards.

Latest resources

Back