• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight Pay Scale Increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I'm trying to say is that as far as check haulers go, Ram is one of the best. Alot of guys I flew with there got good corporate gigs. There are some bad freight companies out there and I'm sure all of us can name a bunch. So if you want to go to a descent company and learn how to really fly, check them out.

Good for Ram. They fixed the one problem that those of us who enjoyed working there didn't like - the pay. I bet people will stay longer now. If they had offered those incentives when I was there, I probly wouldn't have left.

"Plus 1.5 times day rate for extra flying."

What does this mean? How many hours is extra flying? Is it an extra day? Extra hour? This may be well known but I'm new. Thanks.

I think it is funny when regional F/O's are talking about pay

Ramair pay is not very far from pay at regional airlines like TSA, CHQ,Mesa,regions....

Some company's prefer guys who has lots of PIC time in fixwing airplanes! sure they all like to have 500 hours turbine, and type-ratings etc...

As long as you can stay alive years as an pilot and you have proven track record you qualify pretty much any flying job out there! ( Sure you need some inside pull etc... to expedite your hiring!

Regionals sucks!!! Go for corporate or charter.

pilot1704 said:
I might be your next check airman!

Here is a perfect example of my biggest pet peeve of online aviation forums. I have no clue if you work for Ram or what. You put that little stop sign next to your positive posts regarding Ram only to seem that you are actually posting with sarcasm. So which group are you directing that above quote to? Pro or anti Rammers? And what makes you feel entitled to throw your "Check Airman" position around as an intimidator. That is not a very professional way to handle that responsibility in my opinion. Especially on an anonomous internet forum.

Hopefully your just flame baiting or something and not really a RA check airman because that WOULD tell me something about the company. There are plenty of check haulers out there.

Ramex is best thing what happend to me after flight instructing!

Ramex was best thing what happend to me after been flight instructor!

It is great place to build quality time(multi,-PIC,actual instrument time...)

Sure pay is not great but,it does not differ that much about regional pay where you are sitting in right seat somecases years,before you make PIC time and somekind of money!

For you MCguy, I am not Ramex check airman but you never know where your career takes you!

I would recommend fly, keep your nose clean and try to keep your standards high what ever you do!

and here comes stop sign are you ready!

Now instead of living in the hangar and eating ramen in the package, you can live in the hangar and eat the raman that comes in the bowl.

Of course Ramex serves its purpose in the food chain. As long as you know that your in good shape. Fly safe and watch your butt when your at "time building" jobs.

I hate check flying, but love those Barbie jets. I learned my lesson! Nobody that pays real money cares about twin piston time, just ask you local insurance company. I should have moved on alot earlier.

Latest resources

Back