RAH to operate 30-35 EMB-175 for US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERfly said:
Oh...where to begin on this post. Where did you get those US Airways 170s from in the first place? What aircraft did they replace? Which pilots were originally flying those aircraft? Now who stole your seat?

With thousands still on furlough at US Airways, it's not good news to here of more growth at a so called "regional" airline. If you think of and treat your perspective "regional" as a "stepping stone" to the "majors", then don't be surprised when you become furloughed yourself after obtaining a job at one.

The E175 will seat 86 pax.... Pay rates as follows as of October 2005

Cpt. 1yr. 61.89
3yr. 69.98
5yr. 74.37
7yr. 79.05
10yr. 86.63

huncowboy said:
Proud? Are you proud at XJ? Of what? That you treat people like crap on interviews? Big shot go call me little shooter like I care... and 175 for 135 rates... flightinfo here we go.

Out of the contract:

As of Oct 01 07 btw contract is up in 2007 not that I think much will change but what do I know.

1st year Capt 79-99 seat $64.39
60-78 seat $58.54

1st Year Capt for the 135, 32-49 seat $49.62

How is that 175 for 135 rates? That is all that made me respond.

True it is the same as a 50 seat capt at XJ but I care less what you do at XJ.

You guys all forget that this is driven by supply and demand and will always be. The big hug about raising the bar and crap... pissing against the wind. Today's golden regional will be tomorrow's sinking ship. All regionals are feeding of poor CFIs and 135 or guys without a job. Entry level job dude!!! As long you have CFIs for $10/h (I was one) undercutting will always be the standard. Comair used to be a pretty ********************ty place to work for. XJ wasn't any different at one time. The more people choose to stay as a senior captain at any better regional the more likely it becomes that they will be undercut.

Eco 101. If someone can do it for less it will be done for less. You guys are dreaming if you aren't willing to accept this. You want to change what? Who are you trying to educate? The economy? Eventually CHQ will also be undercut and it already has been.

This is reality. Face it or spend your time at flightinfo. Did anyone expect the Golden years to come again when they entered the industry? If you did you are ignorant. Mass transportation baby.

Just please don't be on my left seat for 4 days bitching about how airlines suck.

I am done with this awesome, informative and, as always, very entertaining thread.

See ya'

First of all XJ=Mesaba, XJT= ExpressJet, second, I am sorry you did not get the job at XJT(ExpressJet), third I stand corrected about your CA rates on the 175, they are not too bad, way better then SKYWEST, MESA, etc. Lastly look at your little picture under your screen name, looks like a little shooter to me.

BigDave said:
First of all XJ=Mesaba, XJT= ExpressJet, second, I am sorry you did not get the job at XJT(ExpressJet), third I stand corrected about your CA rates on the 175, they are not too bad, way better then SKYWEST, MESA, etc. Lastly look at your little picture under your screen name, looks like a little shooter to me.

Why does everybody assume that if you are not at XJT, you were not good enough to get on. Is it really that much better of an operation? Is the interview process that much harder? Sounds kinda AArrogant.

And why does everybody think XJ is CotEx?

ERfly said:
Oh...where to begin on this post. Where did you get those US Airways 170s from in the first place? What aircraft did they replace? Which pilots were originally flying those aircraft? Now who stole your seat?

Seriously...I know that you have sat in the right seat of an airliner for what? Two years? You have the industry all figured out. I keep asking those of you that write stupid posts, ask a guy who's been around a long time about Britt and how fun it was then.

Moving on. The 170's replaced a gap left by the F-28. That airplane flew in the LCC system before you were born. I'm sorry that the mainline pilots, with the support of ALPA, didn't have the foresight to write a no BS scope. Probably a scope that was as good as our ONE-LIST scope that cost us about $10/hr. I just sometimes wonder what happened the pilots flying the EASTERN Airplanes and Pan Am airplanes when the ASSETS were sold.

MY seat wasn't stolen or borrowed, but people hired as F/Os here are not able to upgrade because mainline pilots negotiated an agreement with my company (which most probably didn't know existed) to prevent them from upgrading. I have much more sympathy for someone that has paid their dues as an F/O here than someone who could give two SHIATS about my company, then feel entitled to a seat. The UAL pilots also have J4J, but they all start at the bottom of the list as F/Os.

Were you around for the flowback? How did it feel that some FNG at CAL who probably never flew a plane there, came in and took a captain's seat? Were you happy that he could get the Captain's pay you couldn't?

Were still screwed cause no matter how look at it Were still flying mainline routes for T-prop wages, I do hope that when amend our contract in '07 we dont settle for any nonsense cause you know manglement is gonna want consessions for planes theyre gonna get anyway. Its sad, very sad I dont wanna fly 86pax USair Express jets thats retarded. Let mainline get em so we can move onto bigger and better things. Remember, when Regionals grow, Legacies die...

And Im out....

TraneOfThought said:
Were still screwed cause no matter how look at it Were still flying mainline routes for T-prop wages, I do hope that when amend our contract in '07 we dont settle for any nonsense cause you know manglement is gonna want consessions for planes theyre gonna get anyway. Its sad, very sad I dont wanna fly 86pax USair Express jets thats retarded. Let mainline get em so we can move onto bigger and better things. Remember, when Regionals grow, Legacies die...

And Im out....

Exactly

Superpilot92 said:
As usual, the FI geniuses are too busy writing posts with out the first hint of knowledge nor research. Look, pandora's box was opened by a greedy group of people who didn't want the $hit flying. They decided it was OK for someone else to fly planes painted in their colors. That being said, it's time to fast forward to today, not 1974, not 1982, not 1993. Our companies are growing. The "Legacies" have decided to outsource the flying. You and I can't change it. You need to make your nest as good as you can. You know why? The growth cycle won't last. When will it end? I don't know. You know what else? If we can't compete, the next cycle will start. Colgan, commutair, Lakes will start doing flying that has been GIVEN to us. I'm not saying we should do it cheap, but right now, on our payscale we have in place TODAY on the 175, you will make more than you would at LCC. I will make more on the 175 than an LCC pilot on the 190, and I will have MORE days off. The legacies aren't what they once were. Look around, wake up, and take care of yourself first, no one else will.

Canoe I'll give you that; however WERE NEVER GONNA GET DECENT PAY, WERE REGIONAL PILOTS. If JetBlue and America West/USAir is paying less than $100 hr for the 190 what makes you think were gonna get good money for the 175. Mgmt is gonna screw us and make us be like everybody else.... Flying 70 plus seat A/C for for T-Prop wages. Sure I care about out for my future and I wanna see everybody eat, but when the regionals take all the flying how else can we goto onto Heavier metal, ie 717, 757, 777, and alladat good stuff. Just beacuse those before dropped the ball doesnt mean we cant pick it up. I really hope Doug Parker wakes up.........

BlueCanoe said:
, but right now, on our payscale we have in place TODAY on the 175, you will make more than you would at LCC. I will make more on the 175 than an LCC pilot on the 190.

This is because your FO will be making $22-35/hr. Republic guys love to say how their payscales are average or better, and totally disregard what the FO's are making.

Latest resources

Back