• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH to operate 30-35 EMB-175 for US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No i think youre missing the point regionals will never be like the majors for 1 reason and 1 reason only its not our flying to begin with It never was. Sure we can raise the bar i.e. Comair, ACA and so on but you saw what happened (No dissrespect intended). bankruptcy, going out of business??? WHY???? Cause its not our flying and to make matter worse mgmt gives mainline flying to regional, but when we take their flying for lowball wages just to say were flying the emb170, CRJ700, etc.etc... how does that make us look.
I apologize if im sounding like im on a soapbox but come on.

Maybe its me and im missing the point, hell maybe i should quit

TraneOfThought said:
No i think youre missing the point regionals will never be like the majors for 1 reason and 1 reason only its not our flying to begin with It never was. Sure we can raise the bar i.e. Comair, ACA and so on but you saw what happened (No dissrespect intended). bankruptcy, going out of business??? WHY???? Cause its not our flying and to make matter worse mgmt gives mainline flying to regional, but when we take their flying for lowball wages just to say were flying the emb170, CRJ700, etc.etc... how does that make us look.
I apologize if im sounding like im on a soapbox but come on.

Maybe its me and im missing the point, hell maybe i should quit

I understand what you're saying, but here's the deal. We don't "take" their flying. We don't choose what airplanes we fly either. Their management gives the flying away becasue they can't make money doing it. Whose fault is that? I don't know, but they work at the mainline. Our management fills out a bid and recieves the flying. I sure didn't call BB and say, "hey, that 170 looks cool, why don't you buy some?" He wanted them, and he got them. Now we fly them. I can't help the fact that ALPA can't even spell scope anymore. I don't care what airplane I fly. I want the one that pays me well and gets me the most days at home. Talking with my mainline jumpseaters, and comparing W2s and days off, I'm catching up with pay and far surpassed on days off. I, personally, can't see myself sitting reserve for far less than I make now, and then when I finally upgrade there, still be making barely more than I would be if I stay here. With that pay difference, also comes a kick in your retirement. Run your own numbers and see what you come up with. Do you do better at 60 staying at RAH with a little less money made over your career, or does the medium term of being behind what you make here, then having a higher ending pay more than make up? Don't forget to throw in a couple 4-5 year furloughs or a 4-5 year downgrade as well.

I've come to the realization that the "great" jobs are gone. No more making 250k a year for working 10 days a month flying a domestic schedule. It's over and done. If that's why you are flying airplanes, quit. You won't get it.

BVT - Mesa's labor contract were negotiated during a different time. Comair had guys on furlough when Mesa started negotiating their contract. Some of you Comair pilots need to get over it. The airline industry is not the same. You need to go talk to a Airways, United, or Delta pilot. Let them know how they lowered the bar by accepting wage concessions - to be competative with Jetblue, Southwest, Sprit, & Airtran. And how their concessions are affecting the RJ drivers.

Report back to us your findings.

bvt1151 said:
Hey, I just posted a quote directly from the bankruptcy judge. If he says you're lowing all our pay, and you say you aren't, guess who we're going to believe. If you've got a problem with the quote, take it up with him.

Y'know, it's funny how we will criticize judges for mouthing off, saying something we don't agree with, like the judge who presided over the Delta bankruptcy who chided the pilots for making too much money. But the minute a judge says something we agree with, we quote it like it's gospel.

Stealthh21 said:
wtf is RAH and MDA?

Republic Airways Holdings (Chautauqua, Shuttle America, Republic) and Mid-Atlantic (operated E170s at USAirways until RAH bought the assets).

BVT, you won't have to worry about pay cuts too much longer. (You know what I mean)

PS, get a set of balls or borrow some from your flight attendants.

Oh yes, you punks took pay cuts, RAH has NEVER taken a paycut.

Last edited:
6 pages and not even one Mesa sucks comment??? WTF?????

Congats Code Shares-R-Us, you have stolen everyone's flying and Mesa's most hated airline title all in one fell swoop. :rolleyes:

As long as we fly for a legacy carrier, none of our respective airlines own any flying. The stuff we do is just a gift to keep us from deciding to compete for a piece of the pie on our own. The fact that we all love to fight on here about who is stealing who's flying does nothing but encourage management to continue to feed us these crap offers and concessions.

Latest resources

Back