• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
146 rates effective March 1st, 2006.

----3-----5-----8-----12----15----18----20
CA 70.66 75.00 81.72 92.14 99.81 106.57 113.06
FO 42.39 45.00 49.03 52.08 (FO pay tops year 10 @ 52.08)

And for direct comparision, RAH 175 rates, effective Oct 1, 2005.

----3-----5-----8-----12----15----18----20
CA 69.98 74.37 81.50 92.47 100.87 109.15 (CA tops year 18)
FO 34.15 (FO pay tops year 4 @ 35.20.)

I'm pretty sure RAH doesn't have anybody near the 4 year FO mark, and if they do its on their own accord. Also, there are less than 25 people on the RAH list that currently have 12 years on property, and less than 90 people with 8 years on property.

Remember those rates are AFTER we had to take concessions so RAH, Shuttle could take over with their 170's at a low ball rate at UAL!! Add at least $20/hr Captain and $8 for FO prior to cuts!!

We're screwed, forget what our contract says what were gonna get paid for the 175/190 were not gonna get it! If Usair and JetBlue arent paying $100 hr for a 100 seater how are gonna get $100 hr for 86 seats. This is just plain common sense, PLEAEEEESSSE DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! Flying the 175? how about better QOL, Health Beenies, we need to check our priorities! Y'all can keep the 175!

TraneOfThought said:
We're screwed, forget what our contract says what were gonna get paid for the 175/190 were not gonna get it! If Usair and JetBlue arent paying $100 hr for a 100 seater how are gonna get $100 hr for 86 seats.

No... they pay will come in as advertised, because the company more than makes up for it (at least compared to Airways) in inferior retirement fund matching and work rules that don't match the others mentioned. If I remember correctly, jetBlue pays 150% for flight hours over a certain amount, and Airways puts something like 10% towards pilot retirement accounts. Republic matches the majority of the company at 2.5% for 401Ks and pays the majority of FOs between $21 and $31. Sure, the hourly pay for CAs will be there because it's only a small part of a big cost equation. The contract will hold because it's still a cheaper contract.

But don't worry, the sky IS falling... just not in the way you think it is.

Nope no morals either, joining you and your avatar. Take a walk pal. Better yet, take a paycut, you are being forced to, by me.

Victor Meldrew said:
Darn straight you did and it's certainly not something I'd be proud of either, but then you probably have no morals anyway.

8HourPilot said:
Nope no morals either, joining you and your avatar. Take a walk pal. Better yet, take a paycut, you are being forced to, by me.

Quote From Judge Hardin (Presiding over Comair Bankruptcy):

" Two of the industry leaders in providing low cost lift are Mesa
Airlines and Republic Airways, both with highly competitive labor agreements.
Competitive realities now dictate that other regional airline labor contracts are
now measured against those two air carriers."

Still don't think you're affecting all of our pay?

bvt1151 said:
Quote From Judge Hardin (Presiding over Comair Bankruptcy):

" Two of the industry leaders in providing low cost lift are Mesa
Airlines and Republic Airways, both with highly competitive labor agreements.
Competitive realities now dictate that other regional airline labor contracts are
now measured against those two air carriers."

Still don't think you're affecting all of our pay?

If your reasoning is true, why do SWA pilots make more than "heavy iron" pilots at the "legacies"? It's becasue they take care of THEIR house, and they are making money. Go back to KLAF, it's obvious you went Ugly Early. We tailored a contract around OUR house at the time. The number 1 priority was SCOPE. If you don't understand why, ask a TSA pilot. Number 2, was QoL. Again and for the last time, we had improvements in every area. If you are too stupid to know why, do a FI search on why we did what we did. Our bar was raised in our house. It will be raised in the next contract, and preserve our scope. We're quickly becoming an industry leader, and our next contract will reflect that.

TraneOfThought said:
Canoe I'll give you that; however WERE NEVER GONNA GET DECENT PAY, WERE REGIONAL PILOTS. If that mentality stays around, we will ALWAYS be that, we can change it. The tail is wagging the dog now If JetBlue and America West/USAir is paying less than $100 hr for the 190 what makes you think were gonna get good money for the 175. Mgmt is gonna screw us and make us be like everybody else.... Flying 70 plus seat A/C for for T-Prop wages. Sure I care about out for my future and I wanna see everybody eat, but when the regionals take all the flying how else can we goto onto Heavier metal, ie 717, 757, 777, and alladat good stuff. Just beacuse those before dropped the ball doesnt mean we cant pick it up. I really hope Doug Parker wakes up.........

If you are so angry, quit the industry. As a matter of fact, all you know-it-alls, and pissed off angry people quit. It will reduce the supply of qualified pilots and make me more in demand. As my demand goes up, so does my price...Econ 101 as some FI genius already posted. You can go fly heavy metal. World, OAI, Kallitta, Focus, MaxJet and Cargo 360 are all hiring, but with your qualifications, I'd shoot for FDX or UPS. You'd be all over it. You could always go to Allegiant....

Also, I know you missed the point so I'll make it one time loud and clear: THE REGIONALS DIDN'T TAKE THE FLYING. IT WAS GIVEN TO US. IF WE DON'T DO IT, ANOTHER COMPANY WILL. YOU MAY AS WELL MAKE YOUR COMPANY THE MOST LIVABLE YOU CAN, CAUSE THERE AIN'T MANY PLACES TO GO FROM A TOP TIER REGIONAL RIGHT NOW. GET YOUR 1000 PIC AND PROVE ME WRONG.

BlueCanoe said:
Go back to KLAF, it's obvious you went Ugly Early.

As a matter of fact, I've done that on many an occasion ;)

We tailored a contract around OUR house at the time. The number 1 priority was SCOPE. If you don't understand why, ask a TSA pilot. Number 2, was QoL. Again and for the last time, we had improvements in every area. If you are too stupid to know why, do a FI search on why we did what we did. Our bar was raised in our house. It will be raised in the next contract, and preserve our scope. We're quickly becoming an industry leader, and our next contract will reflect that.

Hey, I just posted a quote directly from the bankruptcy judge. If he says you're lowing all our pay, and you say you aren't, guess who we're going to believe. If you've got a problem with the quote, take it up with him.

Latest resources

Back