RAH to operate 30-35 EMB-175 for US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHXFLYR said:
Maybe so they can whipsaw the pilots flying the 190 at mainline with the pilots flying the 170 at the affiliate carriers.:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

I think it goes alot deeper than this. AM West / US pilots stamped their feet and said "E-190's have to be operated at mainline as they look like an airbus (last bit sarcasm), but you can have more CRJ900's as they are already here".

So you get the new cancer of the industry RAH to fly the 86 seat 175 for lowball wages and circumvent the 90 seat mainline agreement and mainline wages.

tinpusher101 said:
ALGFLER you have misinformation

The information was valid. Unfortunately, it has been amended. The transition agreement is what allows for this aircraft to be operated by express carriers. I was wondering how they could get away with this and did a little research and unfortunately found where it is legal... :(

the 175 falls under the 190 pay scale at RAH. 79-99 seat payscale about $10 more an hour than the 170.

B

huncowboy said:

What are your 175 rates? Post them if you are proud of them. The way I read it is your year 3, 175 captain is making $2, more an hour then a year 3, XJT 50 seat captain. Show me your hand there little shooter.......

Last edited:
US Airways and Republic Airways Holdings Expand Partnership
Monday July 24, 8:00 am ET Regional Partner Adds 30 New Embraer 175s to Replace Existing Embraer 145s
TEMPE, Ariz., July 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) and regional airline partner Republic Airways Holdings (Nasdaq: RJET - News) today announced they are amending their existing partnership and adding 30, 86-seat Embraer 175 aircraft to the US Airways Express network. The new Embraer 175s will replace 20 existing 50-seat Embraer 145s operated for US Airways Express by Republic Airways Holdings' Chautauqua Airlines subsidiary. The remaining 10 deliveries can replace other retiring aircraft or be used for limited growth in 2008.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("");if (window.yzq_a){yzq_a('p', 'P=qqym10SOxCZR0C3WQZgICgeqR9DNmETE6gkADlR.&T=1cq71ttsr%2fX%3d1153755658%2fE%3d7811758%2fR%3dfin%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1510954129%2fH%3dY29icmFuZD0iPGEgaHJlZj1odHRwOi8vd3d3LnBybmV3c3dpcmUuY29tL3lhaG9vLz48aW1nIGJvcmRlcj0wIHNyYz1odHRwOi8vdXMuaTEueWltZy5jb20vdXMueWltZy5jb20vaS91cy9maS9nci9wYXJ0bmVyX2xvZ29zL3BybmV3c3dpcmVfMTcweDMzX2xvZ28uZ2lmIGFsdD1QUl9OZXdzd2lyZT48L2E.IiBjYWNoZWhpbnQ9Ijc4MTE3NTgiIGNhY2hlaGludD0iNzgxMTc1OCI-%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dBBC28E44');yzq_a('a', '&U=1391s684a%2fN%3dvjqnBUSOxIY-%2fC%3d439064.8965368.9742329.8049217%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d3368961');}
b
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO)
The aircraft will operate in a single coach-class configuration and will enter service beginning in 2007 at a delivery rate of one-to-two planes a month through the summer of 2008. The new aircraft join Republic's existing fleet of 28, 72-seat Embraer 170s already being operated under the US Airways Express banner.
US Airways Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Scott Kirby said, "Both Republic and Embraer offer an exceptional product and we're pleased to expand our current partnership with both companies. The comfort of the Embraer 175 aircraft is important to our customers and the economics of the aircraft make good business sense."
"We are very pleased to expand our relationship with US Airways with the addition of these 30, Embraer 175 regional jets," said Bryan Bedford, Chairman, president and chief executive officer of Republic Airways Holdings. "Our company has an excellent tradition of delivering safe, reliable and cost effective service to our customers and airline partners. We are especially excited to introduce the new 86-seat Embraer 175 regional aircraft to the US marketplace. The Embraer E-Jet family continues to set high standards for airline service in North America. Passengers love this aircraft for its spacious interior design and in particular the absence of a middle seat."
About Republic Airways Holdings
Republic Airways Holdings, based in Indianapolis, Indiana is an airline holding company that owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America. The airlines offer scheduled passenger service on approximately 1,000 flights daily to 89 cities in 35 states, Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas through airline services agreements with five major U.S. airlines. All of the airlines' flights are operated under their major airline partner brand, such as AmericanConnection, Delta Connection, United Express and US Airways Express. The company's Chautauqua Airlines operation will introduce new service on behalf of Continental Airlines in January 2007. The airlines currently employ over 3,300 aviation professionals and operate 166 regional jet aircraft including 71 E170 aircraft.
About US Airways
US Airways and America West's recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline employing nearly 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,800 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways is a member of Star Alliance, which provides connections for our customers to 842 destinations in 152 countries worldwide. This press release and additional information on US Airways can be found at www.usairways.com. (LCCG)
-Fly with US-

BigDave said:
What are your 175 rates? Post them if you are proud of them. They way I read it is your year 3, 175 captain is making $2, more an hour then a year 3, XJT 50 seat captain. Show me your hand there little shooter.......

I think RP will fly these under the 90 seater rate as i think it goes from 80-99...Makes it $8 more an hour.

BigDave said:
What are your 175 rates? Post them if you are proud of them. They way I read it is your year 3, 175 captain is making $2, more an hour then a year 3, XJT 50 seat captain. Show me your hand there little shooter.......

I was going to look just to compare, but then I saw you had to go to the MAJORS section at APC.com to find the XJT rates and to the REGIONALS section for RP.... too much work.

But I think you are right...

XJETDriver said:
So you have worked for Express, Eagle, and Taco??

What are you talking about dude? CHQ flies ERJs and S5/RP fly E-170s. All Captains at S5 or RP were once at CHQ. With the exception of some J4J guys.

How is that such a hard concept?

dnkt said:
Agree. Flying 175's around for 135 rates and being proud of it.

Get a life and get informed. How bout flying around a 175 for about the same or even better rates than JetBlue. Don't hear anyone complaining about JetBlue's rates.

Latest resources

Back