• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH to operate 30-35 EMB-175 for US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think this is true. LOA 91 says all EMB 170/175 must be operated by MDA. The only way an affiliate carrier can operate 170/175's is if they were orders from US Airways. That's how Republic came to operate the 170. Republic took the 25 170's from US Air, along with 3 that were slated to go to MDA, for a total of 28 Aircraft. I believe that is now their limit. The only way they can increase that number is if the additional aircraft they take come from the original order that USAisways placed. While this could happen, I think all the original orders have been converted to 190's that will be operated on the mainline...

Chq sucks, bottom line. Bottom feeders sucking off everyone else. Big carp waiting for the waste to fall to the bottom of the pond.

JP Morgan Analysts Noted last week Republic could source those planes From Us Airways, highlighting that Carrier is " On the record as preferring fewer 50 seaters with incremental large-jet allocations likely only in exchange for the corresponding 50 seat reductions-LR

Taken from Aviation Weekly Page 9. Seems to support the claim.

Last edited:
ASH said:
JP Morgan Analysts Noted last week Republic could source those planes From Us Airways, highlighting that Carrier is " On the record as preferring fewer 50 seaters with incremental large-jet allocations likely only in exchange for the corresponding 50 seat reductions-LR

Taken from Aviation Weekly Page 9. Seems to support the claim.

Like I said, as long as they are from the original US Air order, it could happen. but I don't see US Air giving up order slots that could be 190's. Although the 175 is certified for 86 seats, they can only be configured to 76 seats in the US Airways system if flown by an affiliate carrier. Thats only 4 extra seats over the 170. Why give up order slots that could be 99 seat 190's?

Maybe so they can whipsaw the pilots flying the 190 at mainline with the pilots flying the 170 at the affiliate carriers.:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
Maybe so they can whipsaw the pilots flying the 190 at mainline with the pilots flying the 170 at the affiliate carriers.:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

yes crazy, maybe they could call it Jet4JOBS

Latest resources

Back