• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's called a Bonus, BiG L we don't profit share. But let me know how big yours is gonna be now that SkyW's losing routes.

As for you Nerjdriver, You have a great contract? LOL give me a break. 145/ALPA....I'm thinkin ExpressJet? How much deadheading you doin lately....probably a bunch now going out to Cali to pick up those dormant A/C. I deadhead at the most 3 times a month and get 75% pay, not great but something to bring up in negotiations. As for pay, you must be an FO because our captain 70 seat captain rates eclipse all ALPA carriers. (Horizon's represented by Teamsters)

Our management is firing probationary FO's? Try again.

Spew Spew Spew......

Last edited:
It's called a Bonus, BiG L we don't profit share. But let me know how big yours is gonna be now that SkyW's losing routes.

Popeye0537,

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure what all the bickering is about. But in defense of my fellow SkyWest colleage, here is some factual data.

Year To Date:

- Profit Sharing (Bonus) of $3292.86 as a 3rd year CA. That's only 2 of 4 bonus'.

- Made a 23% profit on our last 6 month stock purchase plan.

- Our stock purchase plan for this 6 month period (July 1 - Dec 31) is already up 76%. I invest the full 15%, so about $6,000 per 6 months. Therefore, I've already made $4560 this period if stock stays up.

- Year to date, (pay thru 9-15-08) my W2 is $63,880. I'm not a checkairman and 2 months were on reserve.

SkyWest has 2 Performance Reward benefits. The first one is operational performance based on:

• Completion
  • On-Time Departure
  • On-Time Arrival
  • Mishandled Baggage / 1,000 passengers
  • Passenger Experience
The maximum payout is $500 per quarter. Our last quarter paid out over $400.

Our second Performance Reward benefit is the Financial Performance Reward.

To calculate that, you take the employees quarterly gross earnings and multiply it by SkyWest's net margin. My last financial performance reward payout for the 2nd quarter was just over $800.

So, if we lose flying, our financial performance reward may be less, but the operational will not be effected. It's all based on SkyWest's profit margin.

Hope this info helps your argument. Either way, just remember. Try to enjoy what you are doing, take care of the passengers and fly safe.

Anybody that owns their employer's stock is asking to get wiped out.

Sure it may go up, but its much better to own another company that's just as speculative as an airline that won't go to 0 value if your airline goes bankrupt.

Something to think about.

As for you Nerjdriver, You have a great contract? LOL give me a break. 145/ALPA....I'm thinkin ExpressJet? How much deadheading you doin lately....probably a bunch now going out to Cali to pick up those dormant A/C. I deadhead at the most 3 times a month and get 75% pay, not great but something to bring up in negotiations. As for pay, you must be an FO because our captain 70 seat captain rates eclipse all ALPA carriers. (Horizon's represented by Teamsters)

Our management is firing probationary FO's? Try again.

Spew Spew Spew......

Blah Blah Blah.

145? What does that have to do with my contract. And teamsters...whoa boy! Isn't that the same union that represents the undermining interestes of Uncle Hooley and his croanies at GoJet? 75% DH pay....wow, mine is 100%, Im sure youll be getting more 75% DH pay when you take all of those MIGHTY E170s out to MKE, and hey youll get even more when CAL ends that pathetic existance of a CPA down in IAH and CLE. So you got me there, more DH for you at less pay. Im curious about one thing. I am guessing you interviewed at XJT, but were asked to leave? am I right? And yes, I am a COLLEGE EDUCATED FO, who cares what seat Im in, I can still read a pay scale, and the "mainline aircraft" pay over there at RAH is to say the least pathetic. Take a look at our curret pay scale popeye, not the one on APC. The only thing you eclipse is FO pay at Trans States, and the only 70 seat pay you beat is that of your union bretheren over there at Bl*w Jets.

Fly safe popeye!

Last edited:

Sure it may go up, but its much better to own another company that's just as speculative as an airline that won't go to 0 value if your airline goes bankrupt.

Especially when we're guaranteed 15% profit every six months.

Cough Cough

Popeye0537,

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure what all the bickering is about. But in defense of my fellow SkyWest colleage, here is some factual data.

Year To Date:

- Profit Sharing (Bonus) of $3292.86 as a 3rd year CA. That's only 2 of 4 bonus'.

- Made a 23% profit on our last 6 month stock purchase plan.

- Our stock purchase plan for this 6 month period (July 1 - Dec 31) is already up 76%. I invest the full 15%, so about $6,000 per 6 months. Therefore, I've already made $4560 this period if stock stays up.

- Year to date, (pay thru 9-15-08) my W2 is $63,880. I'm not a checkairman and 2 months were on reserve.

SkyWest has 2 Performance Reward benefits. The first one is operational performance based on:

• Completion
  • On-Time Departure
  • On-Time Arrival
  • Mishandled Baggage / 1,000 passengers
  • Passenger Experience
The maximum payout is $500 per quarter. Our last quarter paid out over $400.

Our second Performance Reward benefit is the Financial Performance Reward.

To calculate that, you take the employees quarterly gross earnings and multiply it by SkyWest's net margin. My last financial performance reward payout for the 2nd quarter was just over $800.

So, if we lose flying, our financial performance reward may be less, but the operational will not be effected. It's all based on SkyWest's profit margin.

Hope this info helps your argument. Either way, just remember. Try to enjoy what you are doing, take care of the passengers and fly safe.

Don't F with this guy, I know him and he can crunch data like a mainframe!

Blah Blah Blah.

145? What does that have to do with my contract. And teamsters...whoa boy! Isn't that the same union that represents the undermining interestes of Uncle Hooley and his croanies at GoJet? 75% DH pay....wow, mine is 100%, Im sure youll be getting more 75% DH pay when you take all of those MIGHTY E170s out to MKE, and hey youll get even more when CAL ends that pathetic existance of a CPA down in IAH and CLE. So you got me there, more DH for you at less pay. Im curious about one thing. I am guessing you interviewed at XJT, but were asked to leave? am I right? And yes, I am a COLLEGE EDUCATED FO, who cares what seat Im in, I can still read a pay scale, and the "mainline aircraft" pay over there at RAH is to say the least pathetic. Take a look at our curret pay scale popeye, not the one on APC. The only thing you eclipse is FO pay at Trans States, and the only 70 seat pay you beat is that of your union bretheren over there at Bl*w Jets.

Fly safe popeye!

Tad bitter aren't we. Nope, I only interviewed at CHQ and Eagle back when you were in high school. For being COLLEGE EDUCATED I think you would have chose a better career. When I went through college flying was still somewhat a respectful place to go but with pukes like yourself not wanting to "pay your dues" this industry has gone down hill. Also being that your still an FO I can almost say for certin that you have just over a year seniority probably with XJET and have no clue where WE at CHQ have come from.

I don't worry about deadhead pay because like I said it equates to one, mabey two flights a month. How about those consessions you will need to take to stay afloat. You can have your 100% deadhead pay....to bad your business model is not sustainable (as your CEO stated)

Looking at your pay rates, your 50 seat captains make $1.30/hr more and your perdiem is $0.05..... and our rates are pathetic??? I'll agree that our FO rates could use a boost and they will get them in the next contract.

I love my "mainline aircraft" and so do the customers, how many pax have you heard say "man these ERJ's are sooooo comfortable."

And lastly, ALPA's a joke. You want to blame the Teamsters for Go Jets? Isn't TSA ALPA?? What happened there? ASA with no contract for over 4 years then sold to a non-union carrier?

Don't be mad at RAH pilots, be mad that your management team has no plans for your success in the future.

Last edited:

I beg to differ when it comes to SkyWest's stock purchase plan. Allow me to define the program and then give you a realistic example.

There are 2 purchase periods a year. January 1 - June 30 and July 1 - December 31. You have to elect your contribution amounts before a specified deadline which is before the first day of the period. You can contribute a maximum of 15% of your paycheck. There is no dollar amount cap that I am aware of like a 401K. They payroll deduct that amount from each paycheck for the 6 month period. Then, on the last day of the period they take the stock prices on day one and the last day of the period. Comparing the 2, they take the lower price, deduct 15% of that price and buy you your stock for the entire six months at that price.

Now for a real life example. Our first period of 2008. Stock price on January 1, 2008 was $26.85. The price on June 30, 2008 was $12.65. Wow, our stock fell just like everyone else, but I still made a profit. They took a 15% discount off $12.65 and purchased my approximately $6000 dollars worth at $10.75. It takes a day or two until you can sell. By that time, our stock was in the $13 range. I "sold" for a 23% profit even though I was contributing money when it was $26+ per share.

If you hold onto the stock, then yes you could lose. But what I was referring to in THIS period is that the stock will again buy at $10.75 and our price now is $18.57. That is currently a $7.82 profit per share or a 72% profit. Not bad for 6 months. Even if our stock drops to $3.00 on Dec 31, the stock will buy at $2.55 (a 15% discount). You sell it right away at $3.00 when you bought it at $2.55. IMMEDIATE 15% profit.

Now just a little selling info for you. Notice I wrote "sell" above. Well, that is not exactly what I did. If you sell a stock without holding it for at least a year, you will pay your current tax bracket (ie: 25% tax bracket) on the capital gains. If I bought $6000 in stock at $10.75 a share that equals 558.13 shares. I turn and "sell" them at $13.00. The selling value is $7255.81 for a profit of $1255.81. I don't want to lose $313.95 to taxes (25%) so this is what I do.

My wife and I contribute to charitable organizations on our own accord. Instead of giving them cash every month, we make a stock gift every 6 months. The charitable organization is non profit, so they can sell the stock without having to pay capital gains taxes (25% I would have paid). I on the otherhand reimburse myself with the 100% cash value cash I WOULD have given to the charitable organization and get to write off the full gift as a tax write off.

Bingo I get to keep the full $1255.81 profit or approx an extra $209.30 a month income.

Again, don't hold the stock, you may lose. OR hold it like last quarter and sell the stock now at $18.57 and keep the 72% profit. Either way, if you sell or gift right away, you will get at least a 15% profit. It's a win/win situation if you can afford to not have that 15% in each paycheck.

Hope that helps explain SkyWest's stock purchase program. If you have questions, post or PM me. Fly safe!!

Last edited:
Seriously guys? Seriously? I mean, are you f^%*#ng SERIOUS?

Looking at the length of the threads you guys have posted on here bickering over who's crappy regional is better than the other... I could almost guarantee that youve wasted, collectively, over 3 hours on this website conjuring your arguments over this issue. WHO CARES?? GET A LIFE people.

Ill wrap this argument up for the rest of the piloting population who may be checking into this thread to see if our "union" over here at RAH has done anything about this crap situation for us all. (YES! Youre correct, I work for RAH! Bash on!)- GET OFF THE DAMN COMPUTERS FOR FIVE SECONDS AND GO TRY TO MAKE SOME FRIENDS/BUILD SOMETHING/GET A CASE OF BEER/ (or for pete's sake) GET LAID! Nobody is going to think "Oh god - That Skywest/RAH/XJET guy really is onto something with their non-furloughs/profit sharing/stock options/170's for Midwest - I should quit my crappy regional job and go apply over there at a SUPER REGIONAL where life is nothing but pure joy!!!"

I know Im being a hypocrit by writing a response to this ridiculousness to begin with. But unlike you - I wont be back on this site for weeks to see it. So, I dont care.

And RAH guys - youre making us all look bad. Stop it.

Good luck to us all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back