Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Representation Election - Write in "RPC"!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I have read on another forum, the 357 recently revised their bylaws to ensure that no FAPA members can hold a position in the IBT for two years (paraphrasing).

So much of what I read on here from the Republic 2% is "we must become one" - where it benefits you... And then the exact opposite when it concerns something that doesn't.

Regardless of all tactics on both sides, the RPC is the most fair choice out there.

A Republic pilot who votes for RPC, from my point of view, loses nothing. Nothing.

A Republic pilot who votes for RPC GAINS a lot. FAPA will drop their contention to the arbitrated list. FAPA leaders will, DESRVEDLY SO, still have a seat at a table - an equally weighted seat, instead of being completely barred from even sitting down.

Republic pilots have gained a 'reputation' in the industry after the Midwest debacle. I for one am not passing any judgement on that situation as I believe that it was a management decision which the average line pilot had no control over. As you look at the ballot in front of you, the line pilot at Republic can have some control as the road winds on. Making the choice to give the 'conquered' pilots a fair shake in the future does not represent a concession on your part. Again, from my perspective, you lose nothing.

Some say that in this industry you have to look out for number one, period.

Others say that you have to put the interests of the profession as a whole first, that karma is a b!tch.

I say that a vote for RPC actually does both. Many will disagree, and I am obviously biased. All I ask is that you take a step back, and read the proposal before blindly casting your ONE AND ONLY VOTE.

Sooooo-if the RPC gets voted in, does that mean the FAPA guys will remove the profanity, and stop defacing the IBT's bulletin board, in the Denver crew room?

"You stay classy, San Diego!"

27 days of pain to go. I wish this crap could somehow just go away. This is just a marriage made in hell.

Unfortunately, if the Local 357 acheives their hostile takeover, the worst is yet to come.

This just won't "go away".

The Local 357 will inherit dozens of disputes, dozens of grievances, dozens of SBA's and dozens of Arbitrations. The FAPA grievance, SBA and Arbitration budget is staggering. Does the 357 have the financial resources to fund these efforts?

The Local 357 will have to administer the FAPA CBA.

This will lead to a barrage of DFR lawsuits. Does the 357 have the financial resources to handle this sort of litigation?

From a frontier pilot perspective, there are 29 days before the pain begins.

You REALLY need to rethink the "One-ness" you so desire.

Thanks IBT!

For recently cooking your Bylaws to PREVENT any F9's from even RUNNING for any offices! Jimmy Hoffa lives.......Vote for the FAR's and no JA as your contract! Talk a big game, nifty ID lanyards but ACCEPT WILLINGLY your status as ONE SMALL STEP above Mesa...... So when is 100 really 99? IBT Math....

Can't believe how two faced you gentleman have become, china clipper, I'm sure you don't remember me but you have been on my jumpseat a while ago, and I would love it if you practiced what you preached, trust me 357 will not be what you think, we will bring you guys in, wish I could say the same if the rolls were reversed, by the way how is you 190 rate negotiation going?

Stayseated, the vast majority of us want absolutely nothing to do with you people. Most of us are just here to get abused a few years and then move on to a real airline ASAP.

I guess the tone of my previous post may have come across a bit harsh. I really am sorry you guys have to deal with RAH instead of having an SWA luvfest. Hopefully BB announces your sale to a more appropriate entity at today's shindig.

27 days of pain to go. I wish this crap could somehow just go away. This is just a marriage made in hell.

No, not 27 days. This is just the latest episode in this tragicomedy. After this there will be more. And more.

Marriages made in hell are eternal.

Latest resources

Back