Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Representation Election - Write in "RPC"!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or.
Or...

If RAH struck perhaps a better tack would be to encourage the other legacies and FFD carriers to fly everything RAH is not. Replacement of that flying by a competitor would increase pressure on the company.

F9 is different in this respect due to the fact that RW and F9 are (if not at heart, at least on paper) the same company. If the Airbusses continued to fly it would serve to undermine the strike.

The RAH group is mad enough at BB right now to strike just out of sheer spite. There is no doubt that they would park the Embraers if the F9 side struck and they would have the legal standing to do it. Even in the absence of the anger, if F9 struck RW would stop flying the Frontier system.

Couple of things:

I am not RAH. I was, but I'm not. When I was, my indifference to who flew what was wider than the sea. People like you seem to care much more about which people don't fly the Airbus than people at RAH care who do.

Wet dream? To commute from the East Coast to DEN for long trips rather than drive 10 minutes to work and be home almost every night, all just so I could have sex with your airplane? Hardly.

You got awfully mad. The "S" word is certainly incendiary but even so, you got pretty shrill. With the invocation of that word, some anger is expected, but I find it disturbing that rather than address what I wrote you instead attempted (unsuccessfully, I might add) to insult me with tired cliche rhetoric.

Having left the slow-motion train wreck that now exists at that happy house, I feel as if a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Enjoy your Airbus while it lasts. Enjoy your station above the RJ scum while it lasts, keep the RJ scum out of the Airbusses until the last one is sold and above all else, keep up the fight.

Thank you for the wise words Axel. I am very happy that you were able to land that killer flight instructing job only 10 minutes from your parents house. I'm sure they are proud.

Educate yourself on the history of aviation scabs - it's not something to just throw around. Arguing with someone who has no concept of reality is a waste of time. I'll let you have the last word.....

If RAH group go on strike then The FFD carriers should go on strike as well(Delta, U.S. Airways, United)? Wake up Axel your living in your own dream world. Be careful how you use that "S" word!

If Republic ever goes on strike, then the same thing should happen as when Comair went on strike. Delta pilots refused to fly any additional capacity on routes flown be Comair. If Delta tried to add a flight, the pilots at Delta refused to fly it. If Delta tried to add a larger aircraft, the pilots at Delta refused to fly it. Delta had union reps at the airport monitoring the situation and telling Delta pilots which flights they couldn't fly.

The same thing would happen if Republic went on strike. All the union airlines that permit Republic codeshares (including Frontier) would be expected to refuse added capacity on struck routes previously flown by Republic or they would be considered scabs by the industry.

If Republic ever goes on strike, then the same thing should happen as when Comair went on strike. Delta pilots refused to fly any additional capacity on routes flown be Comair. If Delta tried to add a flight, the pilots at Delta refused to fly it. If Delta tried to add a larger aircraft, the pilots at Delta refused to fly it. Delta had union reps at the airport monitoring the situation and telling Delta pilots which flights they couldn't fly.

The same thing would happen if Republic went on strike. All the union airlines that permit Republic codeshares (including Frontier) would be expected to refuse added capacity on struck routes previously flown by Republic or they would be considered scabs by the industry.

You guys really are playing too fast and loose with the scab word. If we go on strike and our mainline partner resumes those routes, they are not scabs. It's their flyin to begin with. It'll be a cold day in hell before a mainline pilot group gets involved in a labor tiff at a POS regional.

You guys really are playing too fast and loose with the scab word. If we go on strike and our mainline partner resumes those routes, they are not scabs. It's their flyin to begin with. It'll be a cold day in hell before a mainline pilot group gets involved in a labor tiff at a POS regional.

Actually, no. If the route is declared struck work, and you fly it, you are a scab. Witness the Spirits scabs.

Open Letter to Pat Gannon:

Pat,

I’ve tried to stay out of this but can no longer. You have repeatedly taken the position of “honesty” and “truth.”

I am politely and professionally requesting that your messages to the pilots be truthful and factual. You have made several statements to your members that simply are not true (surprise, your members send your communications to us). I am not accusing you of lying, it’s entirely possible you simply misunderstood or you are misinformed. Please verify your facts before claiming them as such.

1- We did NOT say we had “no interest” in our committees working together.
2- We did NOT tell IBT (or anyone else) that we wanted you or the ExCo out of leadership under the RPC – quite the opposite.
3- We HAVE tried and HAVE had discussions on how to come together – but the “together” has been IBT way or the highway
4- We have NOT said your negotiations should be put on hold – we have said the opposite
5- We have NOT said everything smaller than an Airbus should be outsourced.
6- CHT CBA Representation, dues and contract would NOT be controlled by FAPA under the RPC
7- You have NOT offered us guaranteed positions or 357 representation on a Transitional Executive Council
8- RAH is/has NOT attempted to “whipsaw” the groups by offering your 2003 E190 rates to us.

These are only some of the statements you have made that are simply not true. There is a difference between campaign “spin” and false claims, if you truly want to unite the groups and win over Frontier pilots I suggest you learn the difference.

Feel free (in fact I encourage you to) share this email with your members, on APC or anywhere else.

-Scott Gould

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Vice President
Frontier Airline Pilots Association

Actually, no. If the route is declared struck work, and you fly it, you are a scab. Witness the Spirits scabs.

That is a different situation. Spirit struck, then whatever that outfit is, stepped in an flew Spirit routes. That was crossing a picket line beyond any doubt. I'm just saying that our situation is entirely different. Of course I would honor our line, so don't imply that I'd cross. I just don't expect any support from the pilot groups that consider us scabs anyways for all the outsourced flying our company has done over the last decade or so. We can declare whatever we want, just don't expect ALPA or any other mainline union to give a ********************.

FAPA and Frontier Pilots Arrogance

you want a contract OTHER than the F.A.R's and no JA. Thats the BEST the IBT can do? The IBT has been led around by BB and Co. like a show pony at a Sunday Picnic for years....go with the experience. AND since the IBT cooked its by=laws recently to PREVENT ANY experienced FAPA-types from being in ANY IBT positions, I say go RPC....IBT has had YEARS to get something other than the FARS as a contract......

This is one of the reasons why Native RAH pilots will not vote for RPC/FAPA!

Keep putting your fellow pilots down. . . You already put them in the corner and talked down on them so much. Those little regional pilots.

Try to get your facts before you post.

Lack of Facts Leads to F9's Downfall

A LOT has been made of what some group MAY do, all we know for sure is that IBT has DONE something, changed its Cand B's to PREVENT F9 PARTICIPATION! Power grab, dues grab, reach around, call it what you want but lets see what has been "talked about" and actions IBT has tried to take my seat, then tunnel under the fence, prevented F9ers from even RUNNING for any office ALL APPROVED BY RAH PILOTS. Actions vs. whispers. Only the IBT 357 can make a hack like BB and his "vision" better for me than being a Teamsta. Who'd a thought? Actions vs. what FAPA MAY be trying, hmnnnnn....The FAR's and no JA? 6 years of Ropa-a-Dope in Section 6??? Mesa gets paid more and has a better contract? 100 equals 99? HUH???......very good IBT....then ones not in jail anyway.....

Can't change C and B's where you didn't have one in the beginning. When was IBT 357 established?

Can't change C and B's where you didn't have one in the beginning. When was IBT 357 established?

It doesn't matter, China is wrong. There is nothing in the C&B to prevent F9 pilots from holding office.

Latest resources

Back