• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course its a priority. What other entity has helped make this profession as safe as it is?
The FAA and NTSB come to mind.

Airlines come and go but many of the pilots who worked there go to other airlines and ALPA continues to make the industry more safe for them despite the poor decisions of their previous employers.
This career has become a joke. A safer joke, but a joke none-the-less.

And at least ALPA has its credibility intact, and that has paid off in dividends for the pilot groups [sarcasm]

do i need another reason to laugh at the people who still pay 2% to ALPA..i hope they go bankrupt..i left my ALPA airline and went to a better place, wish i had done it sooner

What other entity has helped make this profession as safe as it is?
Correction...it's no longer a profession, but a hobby.

(A safer hobby at that)

The FAA and NTSB come to mind.

This career has become a joke. A safer joke, but a joke none-the-less.

And at least ALPA has its credibility intact, and that has paid off in dividends for the pilot groups [sarcasm]

Correction...it's no longer a profession, but a hobby.

(A safer hobby at that)

And who is a party to every NTSB investigation dealing with an ALPA carrier (whose expertise from ALPA's Engineering and Air Safty department they rely on)? And who is asked to participate in ARCs and Call to Action meetings by the FAA? And who is the current FAA administrator?

ALPA has paid off in dividends to all pilots, members or not by helping make the act of piloting safer, whether its a hobby, for business, entertainment, humanitarian, or as a way to earn a living.

And who is a party to every NTSB investigation dealing with an ALPA carrier (whose expertise from ALPA's Engineering and Air Safty department they rely on)? And who is asked to participate in ARCs and Call to Action meetings by the FAA? And who is the current FAA administrator?

ALPA has paid off in dividends to all pilots, members or not by helping make the act of piloting safer, whether its a hobby, for business, entertainment, humanitarian, or as a way to earn a living.

Come on now Nevets. Every organization eventually outlives its usefulness. Possibly ALPA has met its end of useful existence. Simply because they are there means only that they have been around longer and allowed to become more bloated with useless positions on the backs of its union members. Don't get me wrong. I still believe an organization that extends protections bound by law is a good thing. ALPA itself has been around too long and grown too powerful as lobby organization. Fire every single head of ALPA every other term and I begin to feel better about them. Until them, they are just another outfit that is self serving for the "policy makers."

Come on now Nevets. Every organization eventually outlives its usefulness. Possibly ALPA has met its end of useful existence. Simply because they are there means only that they have been around longer and allowed to become more bloated with useless positions on the backs of its union members. Don't get me wrong. I still believe an organization that extends protections bound by law is a good thing. ALPA itself has been around too long and grown too powerful as lobby organization. Fire every single head of ALPA every other term and I begin to feel better about them. Until them, they are just another outfit that is self serving for the "policy makers."

Just because you don't agree with every single head of ALPA does not mean that ALPA has outlived its usefulness. I dont always agree with everything ALPA does. And I'm not necessarily against term limits either. But by definition, ALPA, or any other organization is self serving.

Just because you don't agree with every single head of ALPA does not mean that ALPA has outlived its usefulness. I dont always agree with everything ALPA does. And I'm not necessarily against term limits either. But by definition, ALPA, or any other organization is self serving.

That becomes the problem though. Term limits alleviate the issue though. However, ALPA has been around a VERY long time. Plenty of time for certain habits to formed that do not necessarily justify their existence. My thought was pure speculation as far as ALPA outliving its usefulness as an organization. Although witht he current train of thought, it may have in fact be reaching the end of its existence.

ALPA and Obama have so much in common.
They both claim that everything that is good, is because of them.
Everything that is bad, is because of someone else.

ALPA making things safer? Debatable. They've been fighting for new flight and duty rules for the last 40yrs. Everything is an ALPA contract is pretty close to FAA FAR's. Maybe :30 or :60 minute difference.

Latest resources

Back